What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney in trouble yet again?

adamkungl

Immortal
Wonder if they're just hoping the whole thing blows over. Just sort his issues out with Smith ffs and get a good offseason under his belt - we all know what he can do.

Mong

Post Whore
Being smarter than you takes no effort. I've seen many of your posts in 4c and here. The thing you seem best at is trolling.

Well come over to 4c's and have a debate about an issue and lets see.. You can even pick the topic.

Or feel free to join in a current one, which ever you think gives you the best chance.

Ozzy

First Grade
Well come over to 4c's and have a debate about an issue and lets see.. You can even pick the topic.

Or feel free to join in a current one, which ever you think gives you the best chance.
I've seen your "debating" methods so no thanks.

Mong

Post Whore
Didn't think you would..

Easier to big note yourself and pretend you are smarter than someone than to actually get in there and prove it huh?

Ozzy

First Grade
Didn't think you would..

Easier to big note yourself and pretend you are smarter than someone than to actually get in there and prove it huh?
You think debating proves you're smarter? All that shows is you are good at argueing, nothing else.

Mong

Post Whore
Demonstrated knowledge and the ability to formulate and present an argument are decent starts don't you think?

Contrary to what you seem to think, simply claiming you are smarter than someone does not actually mean you are.

Ozzy

First Grade
Demonstrated knowledge and the ability to formulate and present an argument are decent starts don't you think?

Contrary to what you seem to think, simply claiming you are smarter than someone does not actually mean you are.
Maybe but since we are on the internet and can use Google I don't think that applies, so no they aren't.

Are you upset that I said I was smarter than you? Get over it, its only an NRL forum and we are all unknown to each other. It doesn't mean anything.

Mong

Post Whore
It's easy enough to tell when someone is talking about something that they do not fully understand that they may have quickly read on google.

Monk

Referee
Todd Carney has had enough chances, says his former captain Alan Tongue

TODD Carney and Nate Myles will know in the next 48 hours if their seasons at Sydney Roosters are over after they broke a team alcohol ban a fortnight ago.

Roosters chief executive Steve Noyce said the players would appear before the club board today or tomorrow to explain the breach.

The third player caught out in the early hours of Monday morning last week, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, returned to football on Saturday night, scoring a try in the Roosters' 36-25 win over Cronulla. He has been suspended for one match but could face further penalty.

Noyce would not comment on reports Carney might be allowed to play for Super League club Catalans in France for a season to escape the spotlight, while he deals with any personal issues such as anxiety and alcohol. The sabbatical is apparently an idea of Roosters chairman Nick Politis as Catalans is coached by former Roosters assistant, Trent Robinson _ a good friend of Carney.

"Nick and I speak regularly. As far as Todd goes we agree he has a case to answer with us first and that's our only focus at the moment," Noyce said. "Obviously Todd has a contract with us for the remainder of this season and next season. He's in breach of that contract so he needs to answer that and we'll see where things go."

Carney's former club captain at Canberra, Alan Tongue, said Carney knew his actions would have consequences. "Toddy is at an age now where he knows right from wrong. He's had enough chances," Tongue told ABC Radio yesterday. "He's got to draw a line in the sand, but how many lines do we have to draw before something comes down hard on him?"

Carney spent five years in the NRL at the Raiders but had his contract torn up for several breaches, most of which involved alcohol. He then had a year of park football in far north Queensland, returning late in 2009 to take up the Roosters contract. Last year he won the Dally M Medal.

Carney was swamped with messages on Twitter on Saturday night from fans pleading for him to stay. "Thanks everyone for your their support," Carney tweeted. "But as I've said, it's not up to me now. Thanks to the loyal Roosters fans for their support."

Regardless of the Roosters' decision, Tongue said lessons should be learned. He said young pro footballers should be given other life experiences such as part-time work or study. "We took (Toddy) out of the system at the Raiders here, I don't think he even got to finish school."

As for Myles, 26, he is into his final weeks with the Roosters anyway after signing with Gold Coast. He is required by the Titans for 2012 pre-season training starting on November 1.

Chief executive Michael Searle said he would not be pushing for Myles to arrive earlier, even if the Roosters suspended him for the final two matches this year. He has already been stood down for two.

Source