What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Carney sticks with the Raiders

Lime_Green

Juniors
THE Canberra Raiders have received a massive boost on the eve of their NRL season with star half Todd Carney agreeing to a new deal with the club. The Daily Telegraph can reveal Carney, 21, has rejected massive offers from the Penrith Panthers and Manly Sea Eagles to remain loyal to the Raiders.

A club spokesman said the deal was a two-year extension, with a further two-year option until 2012.

Carney, who is being touted as a potential NSW halfback as early as this year, had reportedly been offered a $2million dollar, four-year deal by the Panthers. The Raiders deal will be $400,000 a year.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,23373370-5006066,00.html

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Great news!

Before negotians I really didn't anticipate that we'd have to outlay so much money but this is a good outcome for the club. Onya Toddy.

The Brain

Juniors
Riolo is one of the good guy managers,he will always do the right thing by the player I am glad for Canberra sake I admired the old guard they need the stability a competetive Canberra is good for the game.

Eels Dude

Coach
Great for Canberra, their best player to come through the grades in 10 years. They haven't beem a competition force in even longer so hopefully they can build on this.

azza

Juniors
Good news. Won't be long till the whole circus starts again with William Zillman coming off contract.

jabroni

Juniors
As a Manly fan, im abit disappointed, but club loyalty is something that no one can really be sh*tty about. Good on him, and i hope there are more players that choose loyalty over money in the future.

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Suck sh*t Manly
And to the raiders...

Carney ain't worth 400k. He still has alot to prove before that paycheck is warranted. Well played to his manager, forced his club to pay massive overs for his services.

innsaneink

Referee
If you cant see he's a gun, and will likely push for an Origin spot one day...well, imo its an investment

NthKnight

Great news for the Raiders.Great to see the young fella has shown some loyalty to the club that gave him his start

Mr Saab

Referee
Johnny Bravo said:
And to the raiders...

Carney ain't worth 400k. He still has alot to prove before that paycheck is warranted. Well played to his manager, forced his club to pay massive overs for his services.

In the Era of the 90s no. But this is 2008 and the lack of good halves increases his demand.

whatwhat

Juniors
69 picked it, on Monday he said Carney would sign Friday.

Great work by the club, im more happy that he didnt pick Penrith. Good luck with Joe Williams there Matty.

Latest posts