What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Greenberg has got to go!

Are you happy with Greenberg's performance as CEO?

• Yes

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 86 85.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 9 8.9%

• Total voters

super_coach

First Grade
Greenberg or any other CEO of the NRL are on a hiding to nothing because there are 16 clubs who are only worried about their own club. Also as I have said before, if they want to keep their job, they have to do what the power brokers say

Tiger5150

Bench
Greenberg or any other CEO of the NRL are on a hiding to nothing because there are 16 clubs who are only worried about their own club. Also as I have said before, if they want to keep their job, they have to do what the power brokers say

This is very true as evidenced by the clubs latest stupidity regarding the two seats on the "independent" board of the ARLC.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Its a sucker of a job and I wouldn't want it, unless I could be a dictator and just tell everyone they had to do sht lol

My biggest concern as and is a lack of shared vision or strategy for the game. Also we are ultra conservative in everything we do and I think this will hurt us long term. Greenberg hasn't done anything terrible, but nor has he done anything outstanding. I suspect that is what it will be throughout his tenure, middle of the road. The commissioners have to take some of the blame as well, they are ultimately the ones responsible for setting the games strategy.

You could argue with the wealth and independent ownership the game has benefited from since 2012 we should be seeing much better outcomes than during the Gallop era but its hard to say the gains have been proportionate to the advantages this latest mob have had.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Its a sucker of a job and I wouldn't want it, unless I could be a dictator and just tell everyone they had to do sht lol

My biggest concern as and is a lack of shared vision or strategy for the game. Also we are ultra conservative in everything we do and I think this will hurt us long term. Greenberg hasn't done anything terrible, but nor has he done anything outstanding. I suspect that is what it will be throughout his tenure, middle of the road. The commissioners have to take some of the blame as well, they are ultimately the ones responsible for setting the games strategy.

You could argue with the wealth and independent ownership the game has benefited from since 2012 we should be seeing much better outcomes than during the Gallop era but its hard to say the gains have been proportionate to the advantages this latest mob have had.

Being optimistic, I think Todd/The Commish dont want to do anything to dramatic and scare the clubs...

It seems like they are trying to take back control in 1000 incremental steps instead of just one huge powerplay. We say how much DSmith scared the clubs, maybe a softly-softly approach is what we need.

Its a decent long-term approach, but it means any major structural changes will only come from opportunities that spring up, not opportunities that they have created for themselves.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Being optimistic, I think Todd/The Commish dont want to do anything to dramatic and scare the clubs...

It seems like they are trying to take back control in 1000 incremental steps instead of just one huge powerplay. We say how much DSmith scared the clubs, maybe a softly-softly approach is what we need.

Its a decent long-term approach, but it means any major structural changes will only come from opportunities that spring up, not opportunities that they have created for themselves.

What do you mean by scare the clubs? The NRL has given them everything they have asked for so far, massive grant increase, more say on the commission, non binding licenses, reduction in international fixtures. Only thing you could say they haven't caved in on is the bailing out of failing clubs but that has yet to be put to the test.How do you see them taking back control?

Wizardman

First Grade
I hate the bald f**k.....but he does not have full command of things. I wish we could be run as well as AFL

mave

Coach
Well according to 9 news tonight, the eyeballer is going to get damn tough on any and all players that play up.

Maybe he can get real tough, and provide personal references for drunk drivers like Greg Inglis to get a lenient sentence, allegedly,allegedly,allegedly...

What a fkn joke Greenburg is.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Indefinitelt think that, every time a play does something dumb and gets on the front page, the club captain and the RLPA head should be made to front the presser with the ARLC to explain themselves.

If the ARLC starts to embarrase the captains and threaten to ruin their reputations, maybe they will whip the boys into line.

Spot On

Coach
'The Wrath of Todd' by Andrew Webster yeserday.... Greenburg has said if a player is convicted of sexual assault they will no longer have a place in the game.

There's no backing down on that one Todd.

Spot On

Coach
...he then said, when asked about players such as Russell Packer and Lodge, that every case will be treated on its merits.

Appatently Prendergast (RLPA boss) told Todd they need to educate the players more. At the moment the NRL spends $7 million on educating its players. It's scary that these 2 are even having that conversation with that figure already being spent. Just eliminate, or fine or suspend heavily, the slow learners ffs.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
...he then said, when asked about players such as Russell Packer and Lodge, that every case will be treated on its merits.

Appatently Prendergast (RLPA boss) told Todd they need to educate the players more. At the moment the NRL spends $7 million on educating its players. It's scary that these 2 are even having that conversation with that figure already being spent. Just eliminate, or fine or suspend heavily, the slow learners ffs.

Can you actually educate a man not to beat up or sexually assault a woman? I wouldnt of thought it was an nrl education session that taught you if that is right or wrong?

Valheru

Coach
Can you actually educate a man not to beat up or sexually assault a woman? I wouldnt of thought it was an nrl education session that taught you if that is right or wrong?

Yeah it's completely ridiculous.

Finding new ways to tell the players not to break the law will never work.

All member of society are told not to speed yet it happens, we are told not to take drugs yet it happens etc.

BTown324

Juniors
Perhaps it’s time to put a blanket minimum punishment on misdemeanours. Game into disrepute and law breaking being the two thresholds or minimum punishment.

3 month ban and 10% of salary
6 month ban and 20% of salary

Second time offenders 1 year ban and 30% salary.

All fines go into community and grass roots programs.

Spot On

Coach
At a $7 million spend on education for players the time has come for no tolerance on misbehaviour. Absolutely none. The argument some make re player punishments compared to those in the general pop have little basis. These blokes are forever educated on a range of issues from the time they start in an NRL club's system till they finish.

Time for Todd to stop talking and start jamming the ones that can't behave.

If the RLPA is disengenuine about being partners in the game then the NRL had better have a good look at the CBA next time around and make some much needed changes ie decreasing the % of total revenue to the players.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Perhaps it’s time to put a blanket minimum punishment on misdemeanours. Game into disrepute and law breaking being the two thresholds or minimum punishment.

3 month ban and 10% of salary
6 month ban and 20% of salary

Second time offenders 1 year ban and 30% salary.

All fines go into community and grass roots programs.

It looks as though Newcastle are implementimg a system like this. And the RLPA are already jumping up and down about it.

Tough f**king luck. Tell the players to grow up.

Spot On

Coach

Mate, most of us know where you learn life lessons like that.

But there are plenty of government funded ads on tele 'educating' or promoting or reinforcing that assaulting women (domestic violence etc) is wrong. It was on the coasters at the golf club I was at recently.

And if the message isn't getting through with a $7 million education program for a select bunch then time to get a bit serious and eliminate those who don't understand it.

Now we just need a leader who is capable of acting instead of repeating the same message year after year.