What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tom Humbleeee

parra pete

Referee
Good luck to the Koala. I hope he plays first grade for the BRONCOS, especially the matches against the Eels and South Sydney...Fui Fui, Justin Poore, Dave Taylor and Sam Burgess would be great tests for his tackling style.
What would you expect him (Lockyer) to say to the Press. Would he bag him? Give us a break.....:lol:

Kornstar

Coach
Good luck to the Koala. I hope he plays first grade for the BRONCOS, especially the matches against the Eels and South Sydney...Fui Fui, Justin Poore, Dave Taylor and Sam Burgess would be great tests for his tackling style.
What would you expect him (Lockyer) to say to the Press. Would he bag him? Give us a break.....:lol:

I have heard/read atleast 5 interviews with Henjack and he has mentioned Tim Smith in every single one, most without even being asked specifically.

He doesn't have to mention him does he? He has said everytime how talented and focused Smith is.

I have heard/read an equal amount of interviews from Kevin Moore and he has mentioned Blake Green once!

Smith and Green are in the exact same position at the moment, they are both backups!

I am a big fan of both Green and Smith and i hope to see both plenty of times this year in the NRL but judging by the respective comments from the coaches i am assuming one of them has impressed the coaching staff so much that one of them may even get a spot in the 17, can you take a guess which player that is, Pete?

I'll give you a tip, it aint Green......

parra pete

Referee
I have heard/read atleast 5 interviews with Henjack and he has mentioned Tim Smith in every single one, most without even being asked specifically.

He doesn't have to mention him does he? He has said everytime how talented and focused Smith is.

I have heard/read an equal amount of interviews from Kevin Moore and he has mentioned Blake Green once!

Smith and Green are in the exact same position at the moment, they are both backups!

I am a big fan of both Green and Smith and i hope to see both plenty of times this year in the NRL but judging by the respective comments from the coaches i am assuming one of them has impressed the coaching staff so much that one of them may even get a spot in the 17, can you take a guess which player that is, Pete?

I'll give you a tip, it aint Green......

That's great news isn't it. Good to hear that the Koala is focused. Playing footy beats working for a living, doesn't it.
A former Manager of Blake Green told me he (Blake) was the 'best schoolboy prospect' he had seen. Everyone gets it wrong sometimes...yes, even me. :lol:
As I said, GOOD LUCK TO SMITHY. I hope he plays against the EELS....I really do...He had the world at his feet in 2005...then he trod on a banana skin..
BUT he has those memories of 2005 to cling to like a Teddy Bear...and so do a lot on this forum. Hang on to them...
Maybe one day he'll come back to haunt us :sarcasm:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
5/8 gentlemen, and can tackle, that said, ain't huge so do not expect huge hits, but can mark his man, can tackle a big bloke, would not stop Fui close to the line.

This kid will surprise you.

Wenty will do well until he gets his chance.

strider

Post Whore
5/8 gentlemen, and can tackle, that said, ain't huge so do not expect huge hits, but can mark his man, can tackle a big bloke, would not stop Fui close to the line.

This kid will surprise you.

Wenty will do well until he gets his chance.
I'd hope he wouldn't even try - why tackle your own player? :-k

;-)

parra pete

Referee
Definately, I am not too impressed by two highlight reels. Looks like a not as good version of Daniel Mortimer and will lack experience.

Gee, and D Mortimer is SO experienced too.
The worst thing about experience is you can't coach it, you can't train for it...you can only GET IT by playing...Once upon a time Terry Lamb was inexperienced..But by the time he gave it away he had racked up 349 NRL games.
If the bloke is good enough, he'll pick it up...don't worry about that...

The Colonel

Immortal
Definately, I am not too impressed by two highlight reels. Looks like a not as good version of Daniel Mortimer and will lack experience.

Try youtube, look for Northern Pride and there are more than two highlight reels. He is only young and inexperienced but then so were everyone of our players at one point in time.

hindy111

Post Whore
lol who cares-jsut let him play and if he turns out good we have another option..
At this stage he is behind the likes of kk-morts and robo and probably even mitchel.....

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Exactly. He won't be a star overnight, but he certainly has the makings of one... in time.

That s my point. He is talked up so much that you guys have him starting round 1 ahead of a 5/8 that took us to a grand final. I have no doubt he has talent but he will need to do his time at Wenty. He should not be playing round 1. QRL makes Chris Sheppard look like Jon Thurston.

84 Baby

Referee
Gee, and D Mortimer is SO experienced too.
The worst thing about experience is you can't coach it, you can't train for it...you can only GET IT by playing...Once upon a time Terry Lamb was inexperienced..But by the time he gave it away he had racked up 349 NRL games.
If the bloke is good enough, he'll pick it up...don't worry about that...
He does have something else which you can't train or coach into a player.. SPEED! He is very quick. And being fast is always an advantage in league, even if you are playing in sleepy old Hay

Stagger eel

Staff member
That s my point. He is talked up so much that you guys have him starting round 1 ahead of a 5/8 that took us to a grand final. I have no doubt he has talent but he will need to do his time at Wenty. He should not be playing round 1. QRL makes Chris Sheppard look like Jon Thurston.

well there's no real point in having trial matches is there??

The Engineers Room

First Grade
well there's no real point in having trial matches is there??

Not really. Humble will be starting round 1.

Seriously, my point is that some players can look very dominant in the QRL and I just can't see him impressing enough to push out Daniel Mortimer in round 1.

Definately has potential but nothing in that footage to show he is an instant superstar. Some people on here are too quick to label player in lower grades in this way. It takes more than talent in lower grades to make an NRL team and his path is blocked by Mortimer, Keating and Robson to make it in the halves. Unless Mortimer has an absolute shocker in all three trials or is injured Humble will not be in the 6 in round 1.

I certainly don't. I said he would not get a run at all this season thank you very much.

Well I am obviously not including you in that statement then am I.

Latest posts