What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tom Learoyd - Lahrs

cooba

Juniors
Just heard from an excellent source in Brissie that Tom 2L entered hospital for an operation on his back. Hope he doesn't turn into another bronco crock like Frawley!!

aussies1st

Staff member
He has been injuried all year so no surpise that he is getting an operation. Hopefully it makes him less prone to injury.

woodgers

Bench
Good god!

It's alright though people, i've heard his back only plays up when it is cold.

He's our best signing too...:evil:

Sully

Juniors
Surely, why do we look at these liabilities?

That is all they are. YES Frawley could, should and would have played well but he is a bum on legs full on niggling injuries which will never leave him.

We should have signed Minto instead

Poida_Raider

Bench
Tom Learoyd is a great bloke. And Obviously he is a great player aswell!!

He'll go well for us and i cant wait to see him wearing the lime green!

argy-bargy

Juniors
weyman-injured
Learoyd-injured
thurling-injured

Thats a fair bit of beef on the sidelines. hope its not a sign of things to come.

argy-bargy said:
weyman-injured
Learoyd-injured
thurling-injured

Thats a fair bit of beef on the sidelines. hope its not a sign of things to come.

Think about the fact that thommo and miller are going great guns, we have also got tilse, and Cannonball Williams is getting heaps better, I reckon we will be fine

thickos

First Grade
Williams is improving at a remarkable rate - considering he had no 2005 off-season (bit hard when you're locked away). If Jenno flogs him to death over summer he will be an awesome impact benchie for us, much like 'Mr Effective' for the Warriors (I'm never going to try to spell his name.. the Iafeta bloke). 15 minutes a stint for two stints where he pushes the defensive line back would be fantastic.

Lomu has also proved his worth... sure Thurling is injured but he'll be ready to go ( broken leg I think?) but this is a worry for Learoyd-Lahrs. He's a big unit and we're a team that would love his size and mobility... I just hope he isn't injured for his time here. Smart move to load his contract with provisos.

Ever since we signed him the guy I'm most excited about is Dane Tilse... 201 cm, 110 kgs, mobile, fast and a point to prove. He'll walk into our first grade team. With those dimensions think a talented version of Tyran :D

legend

Coach
Thurling was ACL and I have serious concerns over our ability to field a competitive side on a weekly basis next year.

Other teams have improved much more than us and we are likely to finish 12th this year with Newcastle and Souths both likely to be stronger than us next year so I'm going to reserve judgement on how I think we'll go until I see a change in coaching strategy and no Matt Gafa.

aussies1st

Staff member
That is what is making our side look so good for next year. We have bulked up our forward pack with Weyman, Learoyd and Dane Tilse. Lomu isn't the smallest either. I hope they use their size like how it should be used.

legend

Coach
I agree in theory it's a good move but Weyman I think will be a bsut because he can't play more than two successive games without sustaining a season ending injury.

As for LL, too early to tell but if he follows in Frawley's footsteps, then we could be in trouble.

aussies1st

Staff member
The main difference with LL is that he won't get money unless he plays 22 games. Frawley is already getting his cash for his 3 games.

hotdogs

Juniors
Well yeah hopefully if he's going under the knife now he'll be ready for us come seiason training, Nov 1st. and yeah hopefully he won't carry it through till next year, but a lot of them go for surgery at this time if they don't have to play the rest of the season. must say though we have a lot of operations coming out of this season, Miller - shoulder, frawley - ankle, weyman - ankle(s), howell- ended up needing his ankle done after the weekend. and new signing dane tilse is already down and just had knee surgery before he arrived!

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
aussies1st said:
The main difference with LL is that he won't get money unless he plays 22 games. Frawley is already getting his cash for his 3 games.

Surely there would be a base payment then the rest based on games played? 22 games is a lot to play, especially for a forward.

hotdogs

Juniors
TiTTieS said:
Surely there would be a base payment then the rest based on games played? 22 games is a lot to play, especially for a forward.
Yeah he'll be on a starting rate of say, $150k then for every FG game you play you get a bonus which is roughly around $2,000 a game maybe, more, maybe less, but the average is that but if you don't play obviously you don't get the bonus and then you just get your starting rate and if your out for a certain amount in the season and aren't playing you also get a certain percentage deducted if your not fit.