What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tom Learoyd Lahrs

Detox

Juniors
It's actually spelt Learyod-Lars :)

OnlineBroncos.com said:
New Name Bronco!

Two Broncos players have changed there name, something you don’t see too often in Rugby League. Tom Learyod is now known as Tom Learyod-Lars and Gary Tupou is now known as Tame Tupou.

The change for Learyod-Lars is because his father, Michael Lars has been a major influence on his life and wants to use his father’s last name somewhere in his name.

As for Tupou his first name is Siokantame, but when he spoke to Wayne Bennett for the first time he said his name was “Gary” witch is actually his middle name.

The Colonel

Immortal
Meanwhile, Broncos pair Broncos players Tom Learoyd and Gary Tupou have undergone name changes.

A shy Tupou told coach Wayne Bennett last year his Christian name was Gary when in fact that was his surname.

"My real name is Siokatame, which was my grandfather's name, but a lot of people have trouble with my Christian name so we shortened it to Tame (pronounced Tarmay)," the 22-year-old winger explained.

"I knew that I would have to repeat my name to Wayne when I introduced myself, and I did not want that to be the focus of our first meeting."

Learoyd will be known as Tom Learoyd-Lars to honour the role his father, Michael Lars, played in his upbringing.

He had decided to include his father's surname with that of his mother and stepfather to "get the confusion out of the way nice and early in the season".

Both players have formally asked their club and the NRL to adjust records, media guides and programs to use their preferred names.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,11978413-23210,00.html

Kingytek

Juniors
I know exactly what foxsport wrote!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Im his cousin, it's Lahrs. My mothers maiden name!

Kingytek

Juniors
Thats all well and good, I can't explain the reports with why there isnt a "h" in lars. But just to set the record straight it's Lahrs. No big deal, just a technicality!

Detox

Juniors
It was actually spelt like that on FoxSports and even the Offical Website as I just checked. #-o

Azkatro

First Grade
For the record, the Big League preview magazine spells it "Lahrs". I think if Kingytek's mum's maiden name is where it actually comes from, he would know!

Mr Saab

Referee
lars, lahrs...whatever...all i know is that i am expecting big things from ther big fella in 2005

Kingytek

Juniors
Hows he been playing in Q Cup?
I had thought he'd be getting a run with the Bronc's by now.
Or is WB making him do his apprentiship?

Spike

First Grade
I think he's been struggling with a back injury which is affecting his game.

Kingytek

Juniors
He played well for Country on the weekend. Pity about the result.
Does anyone know how the contract talks are going?

ethos

Live Update Team
To put it bluntly, he's playing crap for Toowoomba.

He's never really been a winger, they're starting to use him in the forwards.

Edwahu

Bench
Apparently Canberra are a big chance to pick up Learoyd-Lahrs. I havent seen much of him, how does he go?

Latest posts