What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tom LL dudded

Should have been in the Queensland origin side for mine way ahead of Scott and Stagg. I know he'll probably play origin down the track but he would have provided much needed strenght speed and offloading that the queensland pack currently lacks. Huge loss for QLD

azza

Juniors
He was dudded by his teammates at the Raiders first and foremost. Most of them are too stupid to understand the concept of second phase play, which makes it hard for TLL to show off his full talent in that department.

Ghoulies

Bench
You should be thrilled. Doesn't he have an incentive based contract so that if he breaks his way into Origin, he immediately recieves a rather large boost in salary?

reptar

Juniors
Ghoulies said:
You should be thrilled. Doesn't he have an incentive based contract so that if he breaks his way into Origin, he immediately recieves a rather large boost in salary?

He deserves the bonuses.

Mickxpt

Juniors
i would be suprised if he was picked for QLD considering he is from werris creek(near tamworth) new south wales. part of the reason he came to canberra was because he knew of other players such as phil graham and alan tongue from the tamworth area

thickos

First Grade
His time will come, he's only played 20 first grade games or so.

Origin 07 for sure I reckon, maybe even later in this year's series?

Mickxpt said:
i would be suprised if he was picked for QLD considering he is from werris creek(near tamworth) new south wales. part of the reason he came to canberra was because he knew of other players such as phil graham and alan tongue from the tamworth area

he came out last year and said he was a queenslander - played his first senior game of league for Toowoomba

thickos said:
His time will come, he's only played 20 first grade games or so.

Origin 07 for sure I reckon, maybe even later in this year's series?

Possibly, I was more dissapointed for him because of the players that were named ahead of him rather than the fact he wasn't selected to play origin.

Scott and Stagg offer little at origin level compared to what TLL would. You can just see it in him, his size, speed, offloading ability and strength, all designed for origin footy. If only the selectors had brains for football and not politics

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
I sincerely doubt we will see him on the field this year, but I agree he looks like a bright prospect.

Exciting to have him coming through!

Evergreen

Juniors
Raider Ultra said:
Wouldn't be surprised if he played in this years series...

Neither would I. Its not unusual for a SOO squad to go through 25-odd players over three games. If he's not one of the top 25 Queenslanders running around atm, I love Brett Finch.

Mal Meninga

Bench
He wanted to play for QLD when he was under the toulege of Wayne Bennett. That may have changed, especially when he sees the glut of 'fresh' players that QLD have brought in(At present he's behind Scott, Johnson, Stagg, and Webb)

And it's best he doesn't play SOO just yet. Keeps him hungry, his contract will not escalate to 225k, and he won't be playing at 80% for the lime green, because we all know we need him as he is quickly becoming our best player(certainly most talented).

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
his currently my favorite player alongside Phil, TLL has it all.

his incredibly quick and always breaks the line..imagine him and weymen in the same line up lol.

Raider_69

Post Whore
TBH i think he deserved a spot ahead of Stagg and Myles
but im glad he didnt, not for the cap, id be giving him his bonus's anyways, but it means we have him for the game against the knights, and f**k me, we'll need him if we are ANY hope!!

if the QLD forwards struggle in game 1 and or get injured/suspended, he could be a smokie for a bench, wouldnt look out of place either

Poida_Raider

Bench
Mickxpt said:

alan was a year 12 prefect at our school when we were in year 7. that'd be a pretty cool topic to perhaps get them on the footy show together or something! haha

anyways theres the fact that mal meninga is involved with the raiders, and that the raiders could have possibly asked mal not to pick him.
or maybe he will paly for nsw one day.
he played u17s for nsw, then u19s for qld. i know this means dick all really.
deadset i cant wait to see him back in tamworth and just clarify who he is going to play for at origin if (or when) it happens. i swear he said nsw. but i'll let you all know, doubt i'll see him before the end of this years series so if he's picked for qld at some stage i guess the question has been answered.

aussies1st

Staff member
Would have been good seeing a Raider in Origin and Tom LL wouldn't have let them down.

Roy Rover

Juniors
He probably would have been smashed like the rest of the Queensland forwards. Wouldn't have done the Raiders much good then.

Latest posts