What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Tom Trbojevic is the 2021 Dally M Medalist

Zadar

Juniors
Even more so if he wins it, he has only played 15 games.

That would surely be a record.

The_Frog

First Grade
Even more so if he wins it, he has only played 15 games.

That would surely be a record.
His biggest threat has played 16 games including 3 with a busted shoulder. But Tom will win it, probably by some way.

Johns Magic

Referee
Just mind blowing numbers right now. I’m not sure any player in my time has peaked quite this high, dude is head and shoulders above the rest.

Barba’s 2012 Dally M season was 27 games, 22 tries, 22 try assists as a comparison

Hayne 2009 was 26 games, 14 tries, 19 try assists

PVL ball granted but the numbers are remarkable.

lazza

Juniors
Manly play the Storm - what's the bet Turbo gets injured during the game - prob by Kafusi

The_Frog

First Grade
15 games
25 tries
27 try assists

Would be 42 tries and 45 try assists at that rate if he played the full season.
All that attacking genius got them to a position 10 points behind the minor premiers. If the season had started the game Tom came back from injury Manly would have finished exactly where they are now, 4th place. So for all his wizardry, he has made them the 4th best side since he's been there.

It's too easy to get overly excited about Turbo. He runs roughshod over tired defences of 15th and 16th placed sides, but he couldn't do it without DCE, Garrick, Foran, Saab, Schuster, and so on, all who have had outstanding seasons. The true test lies ahead.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
All that attacking genius got them to a position 10 points behind the minor premiers. If the season had started the game Tom came back from injury Manly would have finished exactly where they are now, 4th place. So for all his wizardry, he has made them the 4th best side since he's been there.

It's too easy to get overly excited about Turbo. He runs roughshod over tired defences of 15th and 16th placed sides, but he couldn't do it without DCE, Garrick, Foran, Saab, Schuster, and so on, all who have had outstanding seasons. The true test lies ahead.

This is what happens when smugness and bitterness blend

yobbo84

First Grade
According to Fox Sports Lab:

Cody Walker
22 games
37 try assists
12 tries
54 linebreak assists

Pretty astounding stats for someone likely to still finish 3rd behind Tom and Nathan. Symptomatic of our season - incredible, record breaking, still not as good as a couple of others.

You forgot Brad Parker. How could you forget Brad Parker? Don’t f**king forget Brad Parker!

Tommy Smith

Referee
I think I may have finally seen a better play than Andrew Johns.

I know it's hard to get a gauge on season 2021 because there's 8-9 disgraceful teams who have brought shame to their ancestral lineage and it's also now touchy footy under Darth V'landys.

BUT...

Tommy is clearly a marvel. Yes he's bigger, faster and stronger but he also has THE GIFT. The magic touch and natural instinct that separates the geniuses from the rest.

I hope to one day tie Tom's shoelaces or take out his trash. We're not worthy.