What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonga v Samoa - 22.10.06

bartman

Immortal
Can I be first? :)

Here are some from pre-match:

221006anthems.jpg

221006tonga.jpg

221006samoa.jpg

And Tongan Coach Jimmy Dymock:
221006jimi.jpg

Credit: me.

bartman

Immortal
And some Parramatta players at kick off (Feleti Mateo, Fuifui Moimoi, Etu Uaisele):

221006feleti.jpg

221006fui.jpg

221006maybeetu.jpg

(I'll get them out of the other thread about the game now.)

bartman

Immortal
League is said:
Wow! Huge crowd there. I counted almost 20 people.

International League! What a f**king joke!
Well, if you knew anything about the ground (where they do play union as well), you'd know the ends the photos are taken into are completely open and people who are in trhe background are getting wet. Didn't bore you with the shots of crowd in full stands and terraces along each side.

The crowd for the last Union game played at the same ground was 2,004, less than half that turned up on a rainy night for this. And the crowd for the last Tonga v Samoa union clash (outside of a World Cup finals tournament) was? :arrow:

miccle

Bench
bartman said:
Can I be first? :)

Here are some from pre-match:

221006anthems.jpg

221006tonga.jpg

Credit: me.

20 people there? f*ck me, I might be going blind but I swear it looks like a few more...

brendothejet

First Grade
yeah cause League is is right...

5000 people always turn up to watch Samoa vs Tonga in Union in England in the rain....

....or maybe they dont. Always confusing the two!?!?!

Coastbloke

Bench
The ARU held a Tonga, Fiji and Samoa tournament in Gosford on the NSW Central Coast this year. From what I saw in the paper, they got about 2000 to each match.....

For the ARL to do the same next year and have those Pacific Nations play at Gosford Stadium with decent promotion, under lights, they should attract 8000-10,000....

The Central Coast is crying out for 1st class rugby league, and I'd be amongst the first lining up for a ticket.....