What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tongue

shear_joy9

Coach
I love the Tongue, but with a full strength team I don't see a place for him. He's re-signed for another 2years at $300k+ which imo is a huge mistake.

Fensom has shown he's more than capable of owning the 13. Playing Tongue and Fensom in the same side is a waste as it takes away an attacking backrower and neither player has a strong running game.

Obviously he should never be played at hooker.

A player shouldn't be selected because their a nice guy, otherwise offer troy thompson a life contract.

Freddo

Juniors
tongue should be the starting lock. tongue plays with alot of heart and soul and is the symbol of everything good in the modern day footballer. untill fenson develops those qualities is all about the tongue

Tongue will and probably should wear the 13 for now. But I dont think he should be playing 80 minutes, he should go into the backrow rotation.

I would have Fensom on by 20 minutes with TLL going into the prop rotation.
This is providing Joel.T stays in the backs.

10.Shillo
9.Butts
8.Tilse
11.Bronson
12.TLL
13.Tongue

14.Fensom
15.Logan
16.Waddell
17.Thurling/Miller/Thompson/Picker/Galea/

With everyone fit we have a wealth of backrow talent, a nice headache for DF.

sydraider

First Grade
Did you see Campo at halftime, shaking nearly every players hand, talking to everyone, thats a captain to me, I like tongue but he isnt a captains asshole.

I agree with thread.

nonsibi

Juniors
Did you see Campo at halftime, shaking nearly every players hand, talking to everyone, thats a captain to me, I like tongue but he isnt a captains asshole.

I agree with thread.

Your an idiot, watch the games where the Raiders are struggling and need some inspiration, tongue is always there to lead from the front.

Timbo

Staff member
I would be starting Tongue at lock and Fensom in the second row, rotating Harrison and Thurling in the other spot for impact.

Big Tom LL plays more as a prop these days anyway.

Macko8

Juniors
yeah agree,TLL plays closer to the middle of the park nowadays other then on the fringes.
If buttriss continues some good form he should be our number 1 hooker,
waddell off the bench,he needs to work a bit on his passing game,a few passes i noticed were a bit scratchy.
I like a 2nd row of thurling,harrison and fensom,plenty of grunt.

aussies1st

Staff member
Bench could be his best spot with Waddell not quite ready for NRL. He can relieve Buttriss for 20 minutes then go to lock.

Dazraider

Juniors
Tounge should be on the bench with fensom lock, TLL has been playing like a prop for ages as well.
Thurling needs to be starting with harrison as well

Cryptic

Juniors
as well

Anyway... Tongue to lock, Fensom to the 2nd Row, Thurling to the bench (he is a better impact player). Anyone who says Tongue isn't a captain has memory issues... It was only a few weeks ago he put a massive hit on to get the ball back when we needed something... Unfortunantly someone droped it cold in the next play but that was obviously our off weeks (two weeks bad, one week good as that appears to be our current system :S)

I'd put him on the bench. How good was it to see some genuine dummy half play on the weekend? It was also great to see Tongue not there getting in the way at first receiver. When he tries to ball play he embarasses himself badly. He needs to concentrate on tackling, using his footwork at the line and his support play. He's simply trying to do too much.

Fensom's a better lock, and will probably play rep footy. Chuck Tongue on the bench and give Campo co-captaincy. It might force him to play to the best of his ability.

hindy111

Post Whore
use have bigger better and more skillfull players than tongue-Id rate him at about 170k...300k woh-tht is silly! He was good a few years back but use have way better forwards than him and he jsut is to slow out of dummy half...
I wory about canberra and the furner connection to be honest...
Its time to say well dont have a team-Hmm dugan-tlll-shillington-harrisson.campese..monaghan...That more reps than a lot of teams-Time to prodice furner

Latest posts