What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonights Ga (SPOILERS)

muznik

Juniors
Well... a much improved effort.

Was a little concerned towards the end but kept telling myself we had outplayed most expectations anyway.

A few thoughts out of the game.....

* I thought Hayne was great. For the second week running he put in his all. A couple of awesome drop outs when needed.
* Cordoba played one of the best games Ive seen from him.
* For mine KK outplayed JT
* Apparently JT cannot "knock on"
* You had to be wearing a predominately Gold jumper to throw a fwd pass tonight.
* It was the Parra of old with some set plays & croos field kicks

All in all ...WAHOOOOO !! Go the mighty eels.

eels_fan

First Grade
was good to see some enterprising play result in tries. In previous weeks the ball would have been dropped or the last pass thrown terribly.

Whilst we dropped off in attacking intensity later in the game, I was pretty happy with our defense.

Great to get some positive momentum heading into the bye.

Hayne, KK and Fui had great games. Cordoba and burt did no wrong either

slippy

Juniors
Agree with everyone you said!

We did blow some chances and let them get a little sniff at the end there, but nothing to be concerned about. Im happy with the win, wins get confidence, and we've shown enough tonight to build on for our next match.
Brilliant from Hayne and both Keatings (Matts dummy is brilliant but somehow defenders pick up on it - unfortunately done their homework)
Fui you are the f'in man.
Reddy I love you.
Mateo you were very good tonight! Almost back to your brilliant best
Burty, good, but sort out the goal kicking mate! (In the end it won me some money)

Just one thing that made me yell out with joy.. Mateos back to back one on one tackles... how good was that?

fish eel

Immortal
Just got back.

Hayne was superb.

Keating was terrific I thought.

Our defence in the second half was mostly outstanding. The tackle count will be interesting. We got hammered by the refs.

El Diablo

Post Whore
refs were a joke

dissapointing that we let them back into the game

we are better since Finch left

Rogue.9

Juniors
I cannot believe the amount of knock-on's & forward passes the cowboys got away with tonight.
Hayne & Keating played great tonight, I thought Weller & Reddy had good games as well

Fathead

Bench
I just got back too.
1. Hayne has found his position. He must stay at fullback
2. Reddy has found his position. He must stay at Centre
3. Just how good is KK playing ?
4. Like to see Inu on the wing for Burt

AND lastly .. to the refs...
I think I saw about 8 blatant forward passes from the Cowboys..They can be pulled up you know. Sheesh.. even with two refs....

Delboy

First Grade
ummm , so as not to disappoint, if Burt isn't the goalkicker, bring back Inu.

Tautai played his best game in NRL, and the refs had their eyes painted on in the second half, Hayne was where he should always be, and Kk showed why DA let that other 7 go.

Good stuff, and I was there to watch NYC as usual, and the 7 in that grade was missing and showed why there is a huge gap in the 2 grades, and he would get smashed in NRL currently

fish eel

Immortal
ummm , so as not to disappoint, if Burt isn't the goalkicker, bring back Inu.

Tautai played his best game in NRL, and the refs had their eyes painted on in the second half, Hayne was where he should always be, and Kk showed why DA let that other 7 go.

Good stuff, and I was there to watch NYC as usual, and the 7 in that grade was missing and showed why there is a huge gap in the 2 grades, and he would get smashed in NRL currently

I'm surprised that a read s many people on here writing him off and saying he shouldnt be re-signed - he is still a kid and has plenty to offer IMO.

Avenger

Immortal
Cayless had a great game tonight, made 146 metres. Well done to him.

Hayne is the most talented player in our club and whoever thinks otherwise has no idea. How far can he kick by the way?? Amazing talent.

Ben Smith, Oake, Cordoba and Lowrie need to be outed asap. They are useless hacks.

Last edited:

big boppa eel

Juniors
Not long back from the game, these f**ken refs did not help tonight, was a fan of 2 refs, not anymore as we dont have half a dozen decent ones going around let alone 16. Happy we got up must take my boy more often as every game in the past he has come along we have gotten up, thought the atmosphere was pretty good considering the poor crowed actually thought there werfe more.

scottyeel

Bench
Refs did everything they could to take that game away from us. Thankfully the team effort the boys put in won it for us.

dazeely

First Grade
AND lastly .. to the refs...
I think I saw about 8 blatant forward passes from the Cowboys..They can be pulled up you know. Sheesh.. even with two refs....

thought exactly the same. Even though I'm one eyed they were pretty bloody blatant

dazeely

First Grade
Scored a great try from a difficult pick up. Can at least be intimidating. Ben Smith has legs like a flamingo, no wonder he has no leg drive.

SMith defended well with intimidation imo. Hauraki drops the ball first up. Gives a penalty away and then goes missing. All this so called intimidation I'm hearing about is not often enough. 19m with the ball is a disgrace.

Avenger

Immortal
SMith defended well with intimidation imo. Hauraki drops the ball first up. Gives a penalty away and then goes missing. All this so called intimidation I'm hearing about is not often enough. 19m with the ball is a disgrace.

Ben Smith is sh*t.