What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too many juniors/rookies?

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Okay, so I know we've got players with positions in need of filling, and we've got lots of highly regarded juniors. But we have SO MANY. How are we going to choose? What will we do with the others who just can't make the cut, slightly? We can't make them replacements forever. They'll leave.

Fullback- Field, Dufty, Marsters.
Wing- Matheson Johns, Dylan Morris.
Centre- Patrick Herbert, Zac Lomax
Five eighth- Tristan Sailor
Halfback- Jack Payne
Prop: Blake Lawrie
Seocnd row: Kerr
Lock: idklol

SEE HOW MANY WE HAVE? how we gonna fit all deez people inside our team? Thoughts on this thread?

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Okay, so I know we've got players with positions in need of filling, and we've got lots of highly regarded juniors. But we have SO MANY. How are we going to choose? What will we do with the others who just can't make the cut, slightly? We can't make them replacements forever. They'll leave.

Halfback- Jack Payne

SEE HOW MANY WE HAVE? how we gonna fit all deez people inside our team? Thoughts on this thread?
What about Garrick , Willis, Thompson...

Payne isn't signed to the club and won't be used Willis is the 7 for the future.
Johns is a big boy i see a move to either centre or second row for him.
Field imo should never be considered a fullback.
Garrick is the next inline to get a wing spot.
Thompson isn't signed beyond this year and he may not get a new deal either.
Lovodua has moved to lock this year and he lloks like staying their.
Shepard is certainly a good prospect for the future at prop along with Dowel.

Drag Queen

Bench

Halfback- Jack Payne

denis preston

First Grade

Halfback- Jack Payne

KW, you know that this is a good thing ? It's great to have potential in most positions but out of those 15 or so players if more than 3 or 4 eventually play & succeed in the NRL , it would be a great result for the club. A lot happens in the 3 to 4 years from 18 years of age in transition from boy to a man. Physically & physiologically.

Life's Good

Coach

Halfback- Jack Payne

Yep. Plenty of junior depth and the reality is that some won't make it to FG with us or elsewhere and some will simply move on. This isn't directed at the OP but take a look at the names listed above, our current team & players we are linked to. Now try to imagine you have slimy player agents nipping at your heals and passionate fans baying for your blood as much as they will cheer a victory. Think of that and ask yourself - who in their right mind would work in sports recruitment!!

The calm one

Juniors

Halfback- Jack Payne

Don't get to excighted just yet, remember 1 in 20 make the cut

BennyV

Referee
Only 5% of NYC players go on to play more than 50 NRL games. So it will be dependant on how well thy are brought through and who is actually able to cut it on the big show.

The advantage of having so many is that we can actually do the right thing and allow them to pay their dues and prep their bodies for a season or two in Reggies.

However, when you have a coach who selects journeymen and out-of-position oldies over juniors when looking to cover injuries, all the youngsters in the world wont help us.

The calm one

Juniors
Only 5% of NYC players go on to play more than 50 NRL games. So it will be dependant on how well thy are brought through and who is actually able to cut it on the big show.

The advantage of having so many is that we can actually do the right thing and allow them to pay their dues and prep their bodies for a season or two in Reggies.

However, when you have a coach who selects journeymen and out-of-position oldies over juniors when looking to cover injuries, all the youngsters in the world wont help us.
I wasn't real smart at school but I thought 1in 20 was 5%

Drag Queen

Bench
Payne isn't signed to the club and won't be used Willis is the 7 for the future.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Agree re Shepard he is going well.
I also like tom angle he seems to be progressing well