What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tool New Album - Fear Inoculum

mongoose

Coach
Released today.

Thought I would start a thread for it since it's their first album in 13 years. Haven't listened to it yet though.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Wasn't blown away by Fear Inoculum (the song) but still looking forward to a play through of the album soon.

Haffa

Can't stop listening to pneuma. Utterly transcendent and uniquely tool. Its that brilliant it could've slotted neatly into lateralus and no one would be any the wiser.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So getting this today.

Did you pre-order

JB just told me is sold out all over the country and no more will be coming in for ever and ever and yet yesterday they told me it was late coming in and would not be available today.

They dont have a clue.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Did you pre-order

JB just told me is sold out all over the country and no more will be coming in for ever and ever and yet yesterday they told me it was late coming in and would not be available today.

They dont have a clue.
Apple Music mate. Already had a couple of listens. Starts off strong and does drop away a bit but I think it’s one of those that you will have to listen too quite a bit.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Sanity want $240 for the CD, sorry but that's inSanity

and they are sold out anyway, looks like it will be a download

mongoose

Coach
Wasn't blown away by Fear Inoculum (the song) but still looking forward to a play through of the album soon.

Same, found the song a bit flat.

Second track on the album is great though as is the last one 7empest. The rest will probably grow on me.

Storm13

Juniors
Have been listening to the leak since the beginning of the week and it is a grower. Similar style to Lateralus and 10k Days but maybe a little more Metal. This is very much a Adam, Danny and Justin album.

bileduct

Coach
It's f**ked that you can't buy this album physically. Seen it for $99 on amazon Australia with only one copy available.
I dunno, I kind of like the fact that they've put out something that is a genuine limited edition release with unique packaging that will at least retain if not increase its value.

I'm sure there'll be a general release not too far down the track.

Storm13

Juniors
I dunno, I kind of like the fact that they've put out something that is a genuine limited edition release with unique packaging that will at least retain if not increase its value.

I'm sure there will be a general release not too far down the track.
The only thing saving my sanity from a physical release that I can purchase is that my work vehicle has no cd player. I don't mind how they've come up with this package but it's been a disadvantage if you live outside of the USA which is shit.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so after hammering it for 5 days I'm not sure it was worth the wait

good CD and every song is very Tool, but you'll never see them with a moshpit as you cant mosh to Dany Carey's 4/5 beats or 3/5 beats which often only last a few bars then off into another new time signature

as one FB comment said, it was very kind of Danny Carey to let his mates jam over the top of his 90 minute drum solo

its a good CD and as I said, its very Tool but there is nothing on it that grabs me like a Jambi or Lateralus or 10,000 days for which the CD would be a stand out for me.

Latest posts