What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toovey

Keffola

Juniors
If its fair dinkum that the board is giving him 2 games to turn it around before they turf him, they can seriously go get fked.

Our injury toll this season has been pretty shocking. I don't see how they can possibly hold him accountable for that?!

At times throughout the season we've been missing through injury (and many for a significant amount of time):

Stewart
Lyon
Matai
Tafua,Gutherson,Trbojevic (we were down to our 6th choice winger in david willaims!)
Buhrer
Mateo
Leary
Foran
DCE
Starling
Lawrence
Sene-lefao

Thats almost the whole fricking starting side! The only other team in a similar situation is the panthers, and their season is almost as fked as ours!

Surely the fact that tooves is a Manly legend, and has got us to the past 3 final series and a grand final should be enough to at least give him till the end of the season.

Is Barrett really going anywhere else that we need to rush to sign him? Has he even done anything to prove his coaching ability?

If DCE is demanding this (and I sincerely hope he isn't) then he can go get fked too. The board is geniused if they are going to bend over for his diemands especially when they're the ones that pulled his first offer last year in the first place!

Either way I am pissed off at how tooves has been treated by the board. They've said he had their full support but events throughout the season have suggested that they are just talking out of their ass!

Last edited:

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I don't want to see a club legend like Tooves, shafted and embarrassed. But I am starting to come around to the theory that he may not be the best coach in the world.

Absolutely, we have had a shocking injury toll, no arguments. But I also feel the team has gradually begun to slide over the past season and a half. It isn't all injury related.

Not all great players can coach - Wally Lewis, Mal Meninga (coaching that Qld team does not count), Terry Lamb, John Cartwright, the list goes on.

If he does end up having his tenure as coach ended, I would hope they'll afford him the respect and dignity he deserves.

Time will tell....

Latest posts