What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 25 One Spot Still Under Negotiations

smeghead

Bench
ONE SPOT OPEN IN TOP 25 SQUAD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The signing of Penrith winger Nick Youngquest leaves one spot remaining to complete the Wests Tigers top 25 squad for season 2008.

Wests Tigers is currently in negotiations with an experienced player and hope to finalise the deal soon.

The Wests Tigers squad for 2008 is:

Dean Collis
Robbie Farah
Stuart Flanagan
Liam Fulton
Danny Galea
Keith Galloway
Bryce Gibbs
Dene Halatau
Luke Harlen
Bronson Harrison
Chris Heighington
Brett Hodgson
Chris Lawrence
Benji Marshall
Shannon McDonnell
Tevita Metuisela
John Morris
Ryan O’Hara
Corey Payne
Todd Payten
Ben Te’o
Rocky Trimarchi
Taniela Tuiaki
Nick Youngquest

alien

Referee
i thought they said we were near the limit of the salary cap? now they get payne and youngquest and talking about another signing

smeghead

Bench
Simple. Payne is on a backloaded contract thus costing us only $50k for season 2008 and Youngquest would be near minimum wage as well

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
a bit disappointed that there's no lazarus or moltzen in that squad.

Rocky and Tevita were in last years squad and didn't even play first grade.

aids

Bench
no backup Half listed, so i'm assuming it's Fur-Man!!
either that or we'll pickup Ben Ross on some strange pay deal.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
smeghead said:
Please let the experienced player be Jeff Lima

Whats his contract situation with melbourne? surely now an international he would be wrapped up already.

He would easily fit back with young kiwis who were here back in 04/05 - he would the ideal addition to the forward pack.

But Charlie Tonga - has pontential or had - surely cant be classed as experienced how many FG games has he played.

No real need to bring motlzen into top 25 squad really - wont stop him from being called up if morris goes crap or moltzen goes good - just means if he does go good it requires less to top up his contract.

brooksy19

Bench
Makes sense for Moltzon to be in the Under 20's squad.. it means he doesnt have to be paid a top 25 wage when he is essentially trying out for the position.

I believe his wage will only go on our top tier cap if he plays so many games.

tiger_nick

Bench
Why would you have Moltzen in the top squad? He would be on a small contract and wouldnt make sense to have him in out top 25.

Chris Lawrence wasn't in our top squad last year.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It'd make more sense to have Moltzen in the top squad ahead of Tevita and Rocky, who were both in last years years first grade squad and didn't play a game all season.

They are both in there again now.

What did they do to impress Sheens enough to get picked in the first grade squad again, when they didn't impress him at all throughout all of 2007 enough to pick them then?

chopsy_05

Juniors
Isn't the top 25 the top 25 paid in the squad? In that case Rocky and co might be just on a slightly higher figure than Moltzen, Lazarus etc. And in all honesty who really cares if they are listed in the top 25 or not as long as they are in one of the teams they're eligible to play!

madmariner75

Juniors
I love the Tiges but I am concerned about the top 25 - dont think they have the talent or depth 2 make a big impact in 2008. Simmons has put alot of that panther loser mentality into our club. the forwards r lacking. o'hara needs 2 be given a fair go.

innsaneink

Referee
madunit said:
It'd make more sense to have Moltzen in the top squad ahead of Tevita and Rocky, who were both in last years years first grade squad and didn't play a game all season.

They are both in there again now.

What did they do to impress Sheens enough to get picked in the first grade squad again, when they didn't impress him at all throughout all of 2007 enough to pick them then?

Big call to say they didnt impress him through 07, thats just an assumption.
Teo & D.Galea got the jump on them

bling_fc

Juniors
madmariner75 said:
I love the Tiges but I am concerned about the top 25 - dont think they have the talent or depth 2 make a big impact in 2008. Simmons has put alot of that panther loser mentality into our club. the forwards r lacking. o'hara needs 2 be given a fair go.

And the irony is that O'Hara wins the award for the best prop for the club in Premier League and can't get into the first team it's a disgrace