What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 30 WWE/WWF Superstars "Official" Rankings List

Big Pete

Referee
Punk is too high and I would argue Jericho is too (would have Lesnar, Dusty, Foley and probably Trips over him).

Warrior and Edge are probably a little low as is Kurt. Would have all three of those in the top 20.

Eelementary

Post Whore
That was my first impression as well but then you see the names above him. It's tough to really argue because Jericho didn't get the chance to be 'the guy' in the WWE whereas everybody else did.

Not a bad list, although it does have me wondering if @Misanthrope will ever reveal our top 30, aka the official top 30.

Yeah, fair points.

I'm biased, because Chris Jericho is my favourite wrestler of all time - he is so good, he was able to get a clipboard over!

Eelementary

Post Whore
I also think having Brock Lesnar ahead of Foley, Rhodes, Triple H, and Guerrero is controversial - Lesnar has been phoning it in for a decade, while:

* Foley was integral in the Attitude Era

* Rhodes was over like few others, and helped pick up the company up

* Triple H (for all his criticism) was tasked with being the next big thing after The Rock, and Stone Cold, and he became a massive draw

* Guerrero wasn't always booked well, but he was the complete package - great in the ring, great on the mic, and a great look.

Lesnar is nowhere near as good a talker as any of the aforementioned, and his in-ring work lately has been sub-par.

He is a big draw, but I question how much longer that will last.

Valheru

Coach
It really depends what your metric/s are.

If you go the full package of in ring skill, work rate, endurance, longevity, mic skills, playing heel and face, quality matches with a range of opponents, innovation, revolutionising the business and drawing money then it is hard to put anyone other than Ric Flair at number 1 IMO.

If you concentrate purely on the business aspects of drawing money etc. then it is impossible for anyone other than Hogan to be at number 1.

If you limit it to in ring and mic skills well then we have a real debate on our hands.

On a side note I hope Bret hart hasn't read the list, he will be beside himself that he isn't number 1 and he might have a heart attack to find out HBK was put above him.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Top 10 hard to argue with. After that it gets murky.

Criteria can change everything.

Longevity? Impact? Money? Promo? Ring work? So on, so on.

Who are the guys who missed out that you'd consider unlucky?

Orton and Booker T immediately come to mind.

Ravishing Rick Rude is another that springs to mind. Could do it all and was probably ahead of his time character wise. Looking at that top 30 with Piper, Roberts, Warrior, Sting Who all had very memorable feuds with Rude. Maybe lacked the longevity to really challenge.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I agree - it depends largely on the criteria.

I think you need to look at every aspect of a performer: in-ring ability (selling, ring psychology, technical ability, etc.), mic skills, ability to play heel and face, longevity, innovation...

To be honest, under those criteria, I would find it hard to go past Jericho at number one:

- he has shown he can lead the WWE

- he has shown he can lead AEW

- his look, and in-ring work, has changed with time

- he could play a face, and a heel, with ease

- one of the best in-ring performers of all time

- one of the greatest talkers of all time

- he still is innovating to this day (Le Champion champagne, for example).

Valheru

Coach
I agree - it depends largely on the criteria.

I think you need to look at every aspect of a performer: in-ring ability (selling, ring psychology, technical ability, etc.), mic skills, ability to play heel and face, longevity, innovation...

To be honest, under those criteria, I would find it hard to go past Jericho at number one:

- he has shown he can lead the WWE

- he has shown he can lead AEW

- his look, and in-ring work, has changed with time

- he could play a face, and a heel, with ease

- one of the best in-ring performers of all time

- one of the greatest talkers of all time

- he still is innovating to this day (Le Champion champagne, for example).

Jericho is a decent candidate but hasn't drawn the money that others have.

When looking at in ring performance it is also important to consider house shows where the cameras are off and performances inevitably deteriorate.

Flair was legendary for performing to a standard night after night in the 80s and 90s from the smallest bingo hall in some hick town to the biggest arenas in the major cities.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jericho is a decent candidate but hasn't drawn the money that others have.

When looking at in ring performance it is also important to consider house shows where the cameras are off and performances inevitably deteriorate.

Flair was legendary for performing to a standard night after night in the 80s and 90s from the smallest bingo hall in some hick town to the biggest arenas in the major cities.

I'm happy with Flair at number one - he's probably the greatest all round performer of all time.

Stone Cold was massive - but due to his injuries, his longevity was a question mark for me, so having him at number one was controversial.

For me, The Undertaker is way too low on the list at 9 - imo, he should be top 5.

But at least the lost got us talking about wrestling!

Valheru

Coach
I'm happy with Flair at number one - he's probably the greatest all round performer of all time.

Stone Cold was massive - but due to his injuries, his longevity was a question mark for me, so having him at number one was controversial.

For me, The Undertaker is way too low on the list at 9 - imo, he should be top 5.

But at least the lost got us talking about wrestling!

Absolutely, love these discussions.

Steve Austin will always be ranked number 1 in any list produced by WWE (not sure if this one is or not) as he essentially saved them from going out of business. He was an all time draw and had few peers in the ring. My only knock on him is the business did indeed pass him, in 2002 he looked a relic of an age gone by without the Monday night wars. That didn't happen to others like flair.

Undertaker is an interesting one. Another all time performer and possibly the greatest gimmick of all time. However said gimmick is the reason I can't put him in top 5, he is just another mid card performer without the gimmick and that is the real reason he stayed loyal to WWF in the 95-97 period.

Last edited:
1. Austin
2. Hogan
3. Rock
4. Taker
5. Hart
6. Flair
7. Michaels
8. Cena
9. Savage
10. Dusty
11. Foley