What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 4 equations...

txta2

Bench
One reason they won the comp mentally was because of the need to fight hard and desperation. Their position on the table has released this type of pressure which is a worry.
I'm hoping they aren't thinking it doesn't matter if they lose by a close one this weekend because that is the mindset I have seen in the past many times

carcharias

Immortal
Must win this weekend

Geeze the dogs winger or fullback or whatever he is looked good.

Totally smoked dufty twice.

wibble

Bench
We are a much better side than last year. If we finished the broncos and manly we would be outright first.

Get ruthless for Lewis.

And with plenty more injury concerns than last year.

Comp is quite different though. No stand out this year

Card Shark

Immortal
Dogs are a good last round game for us. They are physical and playing well. Good opportunity to fine tune finals style footy.

Yeh I think we will be up for the challenge.

The Dogs are going as good as anyone so I think a win of any sort will be a great achievement.

With us & Dragons swapping opponents this weekend, it’ll be a good form guide.

Card Shark

Immortal
Just had a peak at the bottom of the 8.

Still some hope that Broncos come 7th or 8th, even if they win.

Hope Manly put up a fight & restrict their for/against & the Warriors jump them with a good win over the Raiders.

Only 3 points separates them on F/A atm, & Dragons are a further 13 better off.

The last round is intriguing!

coolumsharkie

Referee
Just had a peak at the bottom of the 8.

Still some hope that Broncos come 7th or 8th, even if they win.

Hope Manly put up a fight & restrict their for/against & the Warriors jump them with a good win over the Raiders.

Only 3 points separates them on F/A atm, & Dragons are a further 13 better off.

The last round is intriguing!

You could just about [put your house on Penrith and the Stains dropping out the first week anyway, which means we will play one of them if we lose our QF.

Card Shark

Immortal
You could just about [put your house on Penrith and the Stains dropping out the first week anyway, which means we will play one of them if we lose our QF.

Yes, except if they end up playing each other.

We really need to win week 1 & get a rest & let the other 4 bash each other.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Storm will be embarrassed by their last effort. I'm not comfortable playing them next week.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Storm will be embarrassed by their last effort. I'm not comfortable playing them next week.

You can never bag the storm but for the first time in a very long time they are looking a little weathered. Bellamy also seems a bit undecided with who he wants to play halfback. Throw in some injuries and a much slower than normal Cam Smith and Melbourne are very Vulnerable. I seriously think they could possible go out in straight sets this year.

Weaponhead

Coach
You can never bag the storm but for the first time in a very long time they are looking a little weathered. Bellamy also seems a bit undecided with who he wants to play halfback. Throw in some injuries and a much slower than normal Cam Smith and Melbourne are very Vulnerable. I seriously think they could possible go out in straight sets this year.
Agree. They are likely to revert to their old wrestling, grub pattern in the finals. Contain Smith and Slater will be the focus.

If they play more expansive, they can hurt us. We struggle to contain them when they offload and move the ball. If they play straight and tight, we win. We bully them and force them into error.

Playing them first up might be an advantage. Refereeing will be a factor as we will need an even share of possession.

Latest posts