What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 8 predictions

My top 8 (not in any order):

Warriors
Parra
Roosters
Penrith
Bulldogs
St George
Newcastle- pending Johns Fitness
Canberra

Gee that was hard, If anyone thought that this season was close next year will be closer. Nth Qld and Melbourne were hard to leave out even Manly, Cronulla and the Tigers will be on the improve. No easy games next year thats for sure.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with about 7 out of the 8, but thats about as close as you can get this far away from the season opener.

There is a similar thread on the NRL site.

A big surprise to me is that most people expect the Cowboys to finnish inside the 8, despite loosing two good players to Parra, and whats even more surprising, most people have Parra in their bottom 4, finishing lower than this year.

It seems that most people are of the opinion that the Eels have fallen from grace and will stay there for some time to come.

half

Coach
eels*
roosters
warriors
panthers
dragons
storm
raiders
bulldogs

broncos
knights
sea eagles
sharks
tigers
cowboys
rabbitohs*

* denotes sure pick

dragons are useless. Once again they will be abysmal and fall way below everyone's over-inflated expectations.

It really is a tough choice, but in no particular order

Eels, Roosters, Panthers, Warriors, Canberra, Melbourne I'd be willing to put bets on.

I'm not too sure about the rest for various reasons, but the only one I would count out from the 9 teams is Souths. Canterbury will probably grab a spot but I dunno

Redback71

First Grade
no particular order

knights
dogs
eels
warriors
roosters
panthers
tigers
raiders

closley followed by:

dragons
broncos
storm
cowboys

Phillips

Referee
1, Warriors
2, Parramatta
3, Panthers
4, Canberra
5, Roosters
6, Tigers
7, Sea Eagles
8, Cowboys

bartman

Immortal
I don't blame others for not tipping Parra to do too well! On form they've not got reason to favour us, it's just all of our faith and hope that make us get behind the Eels chances.

My shot in the dark:

Roosters
Warriors
Panthers
Storm
Raiders
Parra
Brisbane
Wests

With Canterbury, Newcastle, Dragons, Cowboys just outside.

Sharks Eagles and Rabbits to be tragic.

The Colonel

Immortal
I think the Cowboys will be the surprise packet, the Sharks will struggle for harmony especially if Anderson doesn't go and Souths will be Souths. The Dogs may take some time to get started and Origin will once again kill the Donkeys. The Knights haven't bought anyone to help up front and have let players go. With Kennedy, Parsons and Joey oft injured they will hope someone steps up but there depth looks worse than last year with the loss of Jobson. The Tigers will struggle - injuries will be the big thing. Hodgson, Prince, Reynolds, Elford, Richards, Buettner and Galea have all missed big parts of the previous two seasons.

1. Warriors
2. Panthers
3. Eels
4. Roosters
5. Canberra
6. Cowboys
7. Storm
8. Dragons

Newcastle
Bulldogs
St george
Roosters
Brisbane
Canberra
Penrith
Melb/Parramatta
Doesnt matter cause youse are still in a "Re-Building" phase-PFFT! :lol: :oops:

111days until...The thieves..THe filthy thieves...THey stole "THE PRECIOUS" from us ...And wes wants it!-Gollum!

Pazza

First Grade
saints suck!

1.Penrith
2.Roosters
3.Warriors
4.Parramatta
5.Canberra
6.Storm
7.Bulldogs
8.Brisbane

Ron Jeremy

Coach
My thoughts have changed recently!!

1. Roosters
2. Parra
3. NZ
4. Canberra
5. Newcastle
6. St George
7. Canterbury
8. Brisbane

Parra will surprise many people next year...i think i may have underestimated Parra's foward depth & extra years experience for the youngsters nest year.

The Colonel

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
My thoughts have changed recently!!

1. Roosters
2. Parra
3. NZ
4. Canberra
5. Newcastle
6. St George
7. Canterbury
8. Brisbane

Parra will surprise many people next year...i think i may have underestimated Parra's foward depth & extra years experience for the youngsters nest year.

One of the converted - step forward young RJ and re-join the masses who believe!

raz

Juniors
1. Parramatta
2. Warriors
3. Panthers
4. Dragons
5. dont care
6. dont care
7. dont care
8. dont care

Newcastle and Bulldogs i wouldnt mind but im sick of the roosters and broncos in the 8 every year, replace roosters with souths
:lol: :lol: and broncos with MANLY :twisted:

Misty Bee

First Grade
OK, lets have a look:

I expect Parra to improve big time.. Funnilly, I think Cronulla will as well. Wests will cause trouble as well.

brisbane could struggle, and Canterbury WILL. Easts might drop a peg or 2, and who knows re Saints?

OK, I reckon:

Penrith
New Zealand
PARRAMATTA
Canberra
melbourne
Newcastle
Wests
Cronulla
---------
Sydney
Brisbane
Canterbury
Souths
St George
North Queensland
manly

Johns Magic

Referee
In order:
1. Roosters
2. Raiders
3. Panthers
4. Knights
5. Warriors
6. Bulldogs
7. Broncos
8. Storm

In respect to Colonel Eel's comments about the Knights, from what I've heard, they've picked up a couple of forwards and have many talented juniors coming through. Also, I've never thought much of Jobson as a player

The Colonel

Immortal
Johns Magic said:
In respect to Colonel Eel's comments about the Knights, from what I've heard, they've picked up a couple of forwards and have many talented juniors coming through. Also, I've never thought much of Jobson as a player

From what I have read they have picked up Steve Witt and Russell Richardson. And the juniors they have coming through seem to be primarily backs. Never thought much of Jobson either but he did do the job for them when others were injured. Not to say there forwards aren't any good however once you lose a few through injury those that are coming through lack a lot of experience.