What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 8

footy75

Bench
At the halfway mark of the season now, what do you think the top 8 will look like at the end of the regular season?

I'm thinking:

Roosters
Cowboys
Souths
Broncos
Dogs
Dragons
Storm
Warriors

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hard to say but I'll go:

1. Cowboys
2. Broncos
3. Roosters
4. Souths

5. Dragons
6. Storm
7. Bulldogs
8. Warriors

9. Raiders

Rabbits20

Immortal
At the halfway mark of the season now, what do you think the top 8 will look like at the end of the regular season?

I'm thinking:

Roosters
Cowboys
Souths
Broncos
Dogs
Dragons
Storm
Warriors

You reckon Storm your team and the Dragons have peaked too early I can see.

That's what I think too.

MacDougall

First Grade
1. Cowboys
2. Roosters
3. Dragons
4. Broncos
5. Storm
6. Souths
7. Raiders
8. Titans

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I'm not gonna rate the top 4 in a sequence, because there is literally nothing between those sides atm and the order will change on a dime.

5. Souffs
6. Storm
7. Canberra
8. Penrith

Rorters will replace Melbourne in the top 4 eventually while Penrith will rally late in the season and sneak in. I can see Melbourne jagging a couple of wins to stay in the 8 when Cronk returns but otherwise they're speed bumps for any of the top 4 sides.

Last edited:

footy75

Bench
QUOTE =Rabbits20;10942239;44018]You reckon Storm your team and the Dragons have peaked too early I can see.

That's what I think too.[ QUOTE ]

yeah mate, plus injuries.

I expect Roosters, Souths and Dogs to come home strong.

nick87

Coach
I think the Raiders only play 3 current top 8 teams for the rest of the year and one of those is the Cowboys this week coming 2 days off origin.

We've got a really good run home and missing the 8 at this point would be VERY disappointing. Not to say we wont do it, we're still not at the stage of our rebuild to contend or even consistantly beat the sides we should, so we could very easily shit the bed down the stretch but it's set up nicely for us to get a taste of finals footy

Snappy

Coach
In the last 5 rounds of the season Broncos play

Dogs
Dragons
Roosters
Souffs
Storm

pretty tough run home and we may slide out of the top 4

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors

Dogs
Dragons
Roosters
Souffs
Storm

That looks tough on paper, but Bennett may use it to battle harden the side just before finals.

Might work out better than it originally appears for Brisbane.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I have no idea of the draw ahead/byes etc so a real stab in the dark:

1. Cowboys
2. Roosters
3. Broncos
4. Bulldogs
5. Souths
6. Dragons
7. Storm
8. Raiders

Kiwi

First Grade

Dogs
Dragons
Roosters
Souffs
Storm

If we down the Storm this weekend I'm confident we can down them at home. Plus I think we'll beat the Dogs easily and should beat the Dragons. Roosters and Souths are the big danger games for us. If we can jag a win against one of them we will finish top 4 easily. If we hit the wall after origin and fall into a slump we'll be in trouble back end of the season. We keep building and the Roosters/Rabbits games will be more of a test to see if we can take it to them and the Cowboys in the finals. At this stage it's a 4 team race at the moment and we need to finish strong to keep it that way.

legend

Coach
I think the Raiders chances will hinge on this weekends game against a Cowboys side with four origin players backing up and we are fresh off the bye with no origin reps, so there is no excuse.

Raiders are a smokey for top 4. Easiest draw, It's now the middle Winter so home games are a massive advantage, no Rep players so we are fresh and no injuries to date.

Bottom 4 here we come after saying that in typical Canberra fashion

Snappy

Coach
Raiders/Eels

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

Last edited: