What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Torrens heading to England

bunnies

Juniors
Torrens heading to EnglandSportal.com.au
space.gif
072659news.jpg
space.gif
St George-Illawarra winger Albert Torrens has signed a deal with English Super League side Huddersfield and will join the club in the United Kingdom for 2006.

The 29-year-old secured a 12-month deal, filling a vacancy created by the departure of Giants captain Ben Roarty.

Huddersfield coach Jon Sharp believes Torrens will thrive in Super League.

"He is very strong and difficult to stop close to the line. He has a great strike rate in the NRL and is a very tough defender," he told AFP.

Torrens admitted that in signing with Huddersfield he was fulfilling a long-term dream to play over in the UK.

"It's always been a big ambition of mine to play in England but I was only prepared to make the move if it seemed right," he said.

"I did a lot of homework before deciding to sign and the more I heard about the Giants, the more I realised this was a club that was well worth joining."

Huddersfield finished eighth in the 12-team Super League this season.

Latest posts