What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
dont think we'll be needing him

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?p=3834093#post3834093

Soccer-Ramos quits as coach of Sevilla

(adds detail, background)

MADRID, Oct 26 (Reuters) - Juande Ramos has resigned as coach of Sevilla, the Primera Liga club said on Friday.

The 53-year-old Spaniard, who has won five trophies with Sevilla in the last two seasons, has been linked by media reports with a move to Tottenham Hotspur after the London club sacked Dutchman Martin Jol on Thursday.

The Spanish team said on their Web site (www.sevillafc.es) that Ramos had unilaterally rescinded his contract, which was due to expire at the end of the season.

Spurs were unsuccessful in their attempts to lure Ramos to White Hart Lane two months ago.

The coach said he had received a "dizzying offer" from the Premier League club but Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido said Ramos was committed to another season in Spain.

Ramos joined Sevilla in 2005 and led them to back-to-back UEFA Cups and secured the King's Cup in June.

They also collected the European Super Cup and the Spanish Super Cup by beating Barcelona and Real Madrid respectively.

Their third-place finish in the league last year put them in the Champions League for the first time this season.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Tottenham are inching closer to securing the services of Juande Ramos.

The Sevilla coach took training at the Spanish club as usual on Friday, but at the same time president Jose Maria Del Nido and sporting director Ramon Rodriguez Monchi were discussing his situation.

A previous bid by Spurs earlier in the season failed, but they now look set to succeed, with Ramos unable to resist the overtures from England.

Four-year deal

Reports are now suggesting that a four-year deal worth 28million euros (£19.6million) is on offer for Ramos at White Hart Lane - which Sevilla are unable to match.

Spurs are also believed to have opened the channels of communication with the Andalucian outfit about a possible compensation package.

Monchi was in London on Thursday evening for talks, after Sevilla were informed of Spurs' intentions, before he flew back to Spain to continue discussions with Del Nido.

53-year-old Ramos is expected to accept the offer once terms have been agreed between the two clubs and an announcement is anticipated before either side plays on Sunday - with Spurs facing Blackburn, and Sevilla entertaining Valencia.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2825918,00.html

Deacon

First Grade
screw this season, miracle if we can make europe again cant wait to see wat happens in the January transfer window

steven_tiger

Juniors
RAMOS NEW HEAD COACH

Tottenham make Ramos head coach

Ramos holds the Spanish equivalent of the FA Cup
Juande Ramos has signed a four-year deal to become the new head coach of Tottenham Hotspur, replacing Martin Jol who was sacked on Thursday.
Ramos, 53, resigned as Sevilla coach on Saturday morning and Spurs have asked Leeds if they can invite Gus Poyet to work as Ramos's assistant.

Ramos said: "It is a squad any coach would be excited to work with. There is potential to achieve great things."

Newspaper reports suggest he will be paid up to £6m a year by Spurs.

Report: Ramos takes charge at Spurs

Ramos will be at White Hart Lane for Sunday's Premiership clash with Blackburn and take charge of Spurs for the first time for Wednesday's Carling Cup visit of Blackpool.

Tottenham must now negotiate a pay-off to Jol and a compensation package for Sevilla.

I was hugely impressed with the Spurs fans both home and away when Sevilla played Spurs last season

Juande Ramos

Ramos led Sevilla to the Uefa Cup title in each of the last two seasons and into the Champions League for the first time after they finished a close third behind Real Madrid and Barcelona last year.

He also won a European Super Cup, a Copa del Rey and a Spanish Super Cup for the Andalusian club.

"This has been the hardest decision of my life," he said after leaving the Spanish club.

"My time at Sevilla has been the most important period of my life personally and professionally. I will be eternally grateful."

And in a statement released through the Tottenham website, he added: "I greatly appreciate the opportunity to work as head coach at Tottenham Hotspur, a club with a great tradition and history.

606: DEBATE
I think Spurs will finish fifth (again) under Ramos, he could well be the new 'special one'!

rgt

"Ever since I started my coaching career I have wanted to work in England. It is my sincere hope that I can repay the faith the Spurs board has shown in me.

"I am looking forward to meeting the players.

"I was hugely impressed with the Spurs fans both home and away when Sevilla played Spurs last season and it will be a privilege to be the coach of this club with the huge support it enjoys both at White Hart Lane and throughout the world."

Marcos Alvarez, 36, who worked with Ramos at Sevilla, will also join the Tottenham coaching staff.

Ramos' contract with Sevilla had been due to expire at the end of this season and Manolo Jimenez has been promoted from youth team coach to replace Ramos until the end of the season.

RAMOS FACTFILE
Full name:
Juan de la Cruz Ramos Cano
Managerial career:
Alcoyano (1993-94)
Levante (1994-95)
Logrones (1995-96)
Barcelona B (1996-97)
Lleida (1997-98)
Real Vallecano (1998-01)
Real Betis (2001-02)
Espanyol (2002)
Malaga (2003-04)
Sevilla (2005-07)
Trophies: Uefa Cup (2005, 2006)
Super Cup (2006)
Copa del Rey (2007)
Spanish Supercopa (2007)

Spurs sporting director Damien Comolli said: "Juande's arrival is great news for Tottenham Hotspur.

"He brings with him a wealth of experience, a proven track record and a winning pedigree.

"Now is the time for us to regroup and look to deliver the results and performances that everyone associated with the club wants to see."

Ramos's appointment brings to an end a lengthy pursuit by Spurs.

They were revealed to be interested in recruiting the Spaniard in the first week of the season when officials met him at the Alfonso XIII hotel in Sevilla.

He steps into the vacancy left by Jol, who was sacked following a disappointing start to the season which has left Spurs third from bottom.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7064928.stm

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
RAMOS TO AXE ROBBO
DAILY STAR SUNDAY
ABOVE: Robbo is under threat
28th October 2007
By Colin Mafham

JUANDE Ramos’ first transfer target for Spurs is his old Seville keeper Andres Palop.

That means a White Hart Lane exit for England No.1 Paul Robinson.

Ramos, who flew into London last night to replace sacked Martin Jol, will watch today’s Premier League clash against Blackburn and tell Spurs supremo Daniel Levy: “Get me Palop in January.”

Palop, 25, joined Seville from Valencia two seasons ago and is now regarded as one of the best keepers in the world.

He made international headlines in March when he scored an injury-time equaliser for Sevilla in their UEFA Cup game against Shakhtar Donetsk, forcing extra time from which Ramos’s side went on to win 3-2.

Palop also played a key role in the UEFA Cup final against RCD Espanyol when he saved three of four penalties.

Ramos sees him as the ideal replacement for Robinson, whose string of recent errors have shattered the England keeper’s confidence and almost certainly brought an end to his career with Spurs.

Sevilla desperately want to keep Palop, who only recently signed a new contract, but the chance to link up with his old boss – and a massive pay rise – will be too tough to resist.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/19394/Ramos-to-axe-Robbo/

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ramos: I want Fredi
EXCLUSIVE: New Tottenham boss targets Kanoute return

By Geoff Sweet
JUANDE RAMOS wants to start his Spurs revolution by signing former Tottenham striker Fredi Kanoute.

Ramos, who will be unveiled as the new White Hart Lane boss this week, also wants to raid Sevilla for right-back Daniel Alves.

Ramos revealed: "I would like to sign Alves and Kanoute. These two players would be sensational for any club in the world but I'm not sure if Sevilla will accept this."

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will hand Ramos, 53, a massive £40million transfer chest to spend in the January window.

Kanoute left Spurs two years ago for £4.4million to join Sevilla and has been transformed into one of the best strikers in Europe under Ramos's coaching.

Alves was the target of a £23m bid from Chelsea, which was turned down, in the summer.

Ramos, giving his first interview since quitting Sevilla late on Friday night to replace sacked Martin Jol, insisted no player was guaranteed a first-team place at Spurs-including troubled England keeper Paul Robinson.

He said: "Robinson is the England keeper so is not a bad player.

"I want to give him, and the other players, confidence, so they are not playing under so much pressure. But get this clear: no player is guaranteed a place in the first eleven."

Ramos could earn as much as £5million a year at White Hart Lane if he is successful.

And he said: "I am my own man. I am not Jose Mourinho but Juande Ramos. I have my projects and my style of work that have demonstrated excellent results in Sevilla. Now I desire to repeat the experience at Spurs."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/2810_tottenham.shtml

Dragooner

Bench
Alves - Will never happen. If you're still were you are now in January then who wouldn't go to a big European club as opposed to a drop-zone EPL team.

Palop - Will be an easy target, however loves Sevilla and siad he'd never leave.

Kanoute - Will be yours in January.

Bumble

First Grade
Saint Dragon said:
Alves - Will never happen. If you're still were you are now in January then who wouldn't go to a big European club as opposed to a drop-zone EPL team.

TevezMascherano_468x608.jpg

Besides, he has history with the manager and likes him...

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Sorry, don't like to put the boot in but christ, you haven't got a midfield and Ramos is after a right back/wing back and a striker :lol:.

Bumble

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
Sorry, don't like to put the boot in but christ, you haven't got a midfield and Ramos is after a right back/wing back and a striker :lol:.

Twiz mentioned earlier that they apparently have 2 world class CM's already lined up.

I'll believe it when I see it. :lol:

Deacon

First Grade
Bumble said:
Twiz mentioned earlier that they apparently have 2 world class CM's already lined up.

I'll believe it when I see it. :lol:

Itll happen 110% confidence, to mamy english players in the team atm which has lead to our poorv form, expect alot of action both in and out of the club come January

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Feelin Hornby said:
new rain has began 1-0 Spurs 48 gone Keane from the spot

the new reign hasn't begun yet

Clive Allen is in charge atm, Ramos was a spectator

there will be alot of movement in January both in and out of the club

fish eel

Immortal
Mong said:
Why would they want someone like Kanoute?

Because he is quality and a better player than what he was last time he was in the Premier League.

But yeah, midfielders are what they need. A tough ball winner and somebody to sit behind the strikers imo.

But then, the defence is a mess.

And the goalkeeper has lost it.

I think they probably need about 8 players :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.