What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
2 nil loss to Shakhtar away in the UEFA cup this morning, with 9 players out and 8 of the replacements from our junior academy.

Although we have about 4 or 5 games in the next 10 or 12 days or so, I thought it was a strange move from 'arry. We've got the Carling Cup final and the return leg against Shakthar, as well as midweek premier league games and a heap of injuries, but what perplexes me is that the CC final is given a priority by 'arry suggesting he'll field a near full strength squad

So why bother trying to win to CC final and get back to Europe next year if you are going to play UEFA cup games with a squad that is predominantly junior academy players ?

Tommy Smith

Referee
I agree that his priorities are misplaced. And he might have taken 8 academy players but with Gomes, Dawson, Chimbonda, Gunter, Jenas, Bentley, Zokora, Huddlestone, Givanni and Fraizer Campbell in the starting side it was still a decent team on paper.

I think if Spurs were midtable and not in a relegation battle he probably would have played a full-strength side but with them in that battle it would appear as though he cares little for the UEFA Cup.

fish eel

Immortal
2 nil loss to Shakhtar away in the UEFA cup this morning, with 9 players out and 8 of the replacements from our junior academy.

Although we have about 4 or 5 games in the next 10 or 12 days or so, I thought it was a strange move from 'arry. We've got the Carling Cup final and the return leg against Shakthar, as well as midweek premier league games and a heap of injuries, but what perplexes me is that the CC final is given a priority by 'arry suggesting he'll field a near full strength squad

So why bother trying to win to CC final and get back to Europe next year if you are going to play UEFA cup games with a squad that is predominantly junior academy players ?

Fair go Twiz, that squad this morning was a bit more than 'academy' players.

I think the priority is to get to Europe, hence the CC.

PLaying in Europe gives the club more income, and it becomes a more attractive club to play for.

Whether, next year, if he is still the manager, Harry plays weakened squads in europe, that would probably depend on how they are going in the league.

Still, Shaktar are a good side.

jeez, twizzle, you over exaggerate losses

an academy team?

gomes, chimbonda, dawson, jenas, huddlestone, zokora, bentley, giovani, gilberto, bent

that's hardly a "predmoinately junior academy" team

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Fair go Twiz, that squad this morning was a bit more than 'academy' players.

I think the priority is to get to Europe, hence the CC.

PLaying in Europe gives the club more income, and it becomes a more attractive club to play for.

Whether, next year, if he is still the manager, Harry plays weakened squads in europe, that would probably depend on how they are going in the league.

Still, Shaktar are a good side.

8 players in the squad were from the junior academy and 9 players missing from our last EPL game against Arsenal

Tommy Smith said:
I agree that his priorities are misplaced. And he might have taken 8 academy players but with Gomes, Dawson, Chimbonda, Gunter, Jenas, Bentley, Zokora, Huddlestone, Givanni and Fraizer Campbell in the starting side it was still a decent team on paper.

2 of them, think it was Zok and Dawson , played against the gooners, the rest are not decent imo, sure they are squad players but also the reason we are struggling imo

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
2-1 away win over Hull this morning

ugly win in an ordinary but we'll gladly take the three points

Tom Shines

First Grade
Lucky lucky lucky.

Hull could have very easily been 2-1 up a minute or two before... probably saves the Spuds from relegation.

i'd say he's more like the rafa benitez of league coaching

did something decent in ancient history, moved on, hasn't done jack since bar one steve bradbury cup success and continues to do jack, yet is hailed by some idiots as a managerial master because he beat manchester united once in a season - or, in this case, some bullsh*t win the tigers had last year

dogz08

First Grade
Why did you need to rest players? if you win the Carling cup, you be back in the UEFA Cup again, it's not like you'll be in the Champions League Like Villa might be..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Why did you need to rest players? if you win the Carling cup, you be back in the UEFA Cup again, it's not like you'll be in the Champions League Like Villa might be..

something like 5 games in 12 days, including EPL, Carling Cup final tomorrow and both UEFA cup legs, but I think 'arry has the priorities wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.