What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touch Comp

westie

Bench
We are looking at organising a WT touch comp for the bye weekend. Please make expressions of interest and suggestions of possible venues in this thread.

tigerstu

Juniors
Interested in playing and have a few mates that would come along. As far as fields to play on... depends where everyone lives. But I know fields that we can play on in Drummoyne or Gladesville?

innsaneink

Referee
TIGERPies said:
Blackmore oval - liechardt

Nice spot....the jnr comp would be over by then too.

Too hard to get to though for ppl on public transport...

Should be some central location with pub.trans. close by.

westie

Bench
innsaneink said:
TIGERPies said:
Blackmore oval - liechardt

That the big point we need to take into account. We'll also probably need to book the park.

Cullus reckons around 30 people have applied for the NRL touch comp which is more than double the number we need, so this is a way to allow every one to get in on the experience.

If every one puts their name down (and friends) we'll work out how many people are coming and then team sizes. We have to try and make teams fairly even while still allowing mates to play together.

1. Westie
2. Cullus
3. Nick
4. Brooksy19
5. Tigerstu

TIGERPies

Juniors
i reckon i can get a team up location depending

if people dont like blackmore and want somewhere more cental

theres an oval near broadway and the greyhounds in glebe, maybe its wentworth oval

King Tigerman

Juniors
wenty park do ya mean thatd be alright have it finish at 6 then all the over 18s can go inside the dog track

im in but it dpeends on when & where cause knowing westie it could end up somewhere in revesby

westie

Bench
King Tigerman said:
wenty park do ya mean thatd be alright have it finish at 6 then all the over 18s can go inside the dog track

im in but it dpeends on when & where cause knowing westie it could end up somewhere in revesby

I'll assume you have some precedent on which to base that comment big fullah?

westie

Bench
King Tigerman said:
well last time you wanted to do something like this you wanted it in the carpark of revesby workers club

I'll tell you what, you can go to the RWC while we're having the comp.

yappy

Bench

Lidcombe Oval

-close to trains
-close to pubs
-close to cat house (for Kingy)
-central and full of History
-should be able to book it through Auburn Council