What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touch Game: Results are in!

jed

First Grade
Raider Azz said:
soulsy's old man was pretty good.

jedzilla on the other hand was soft as sh*te. played for about 5 minutes then ran over to the dressing sheds to get a kiss from carney.
just cos you're jealous :p

SOULS 04

Juniors
hahaha i love playing the cocky bastard... its alot of fun.

the ladies love it hahaha.

but man we need to find more times to play caus i havent had a good run like that in ages.

Raider Jack

Juniors
Boing, I play the same on mondays its just our oztag team isn't as good and the competition is much better on monday's: ie fit .

Boing Boing

Juniors
Raider Jack said:
Boing, I play the same on mondays its just our oztag team isn't as good and the competition is much better on monday's: ie fit .

Point taken, but this thread is rather a piss take mate, don't take it to heart.

SOULS 04

Juniors
it sure did... i went home thinking i had a great night playing touch footy... i dead set forgot about first grade.

Boing Boing

Juniors
Yeah.

Souls, look forward to more fun in OZTAG, but it's a lot harder and faster and we're a team in building. Success will take a few seasons but its a good bunch of blokes as you know

SOULS 04

Juniors
geez your not wrong about a it being harder... i gotta learn how to grab those damn tages... although i did get 4 or 5 tries in my first go haha... including that famous last intercept try where i limped to the try line.

haha my more famous moment would have to be the falcon or the kick of that hit that bloke in the nads.... cant remember his name.

woodgers

Bench
I think tagging is all down to technique. I watch heaps of people try to grab at the tag as the attacker is going past them which is asking for trouble. Position your body in front and get your body low so that the attacker is pretty much forced to run into your shoulder like a footy tackle as you pull at both tags. Since i've been using this technique I have barely missed any one on one tags, the only ones I miss is a desperate lunge where I am trying to cover for a fellow player that has missed....for example Boing and Azz :D

Boing Boing

Juniors
Azz makes up for his complete inability to tag with his astounding speed and ball work, coupled with his excellent haircut.

woodgers

Bench
Boing Boing said:
Azz makes up for his complete inability to tag with his astounding speed and ball work, coupled with his excellent haircut.

:lol: The hair! I remember back to summer when you tried to dunk him in pool but he wouldn't allow his hair under water. I thought there was going to be a punch up!

SOULS 04

Juniors
Position your body in front and get your body low so that the attacker is pretty much forced to run into your shoulder like a footy tackle as you pull at both tags.

yeh i kinda noticed that was the way tyo go but i guess it still takes practice... also to not going on with the tackle... i miss playing league.