What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toulose get a "b" grading according to sky

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I hope they get in.

Lmao, dally, you're getting stalked even more now, I thought it was impossible, but they keep turning up.

Thanks for the link eastsfan, I'll sticky it just for you when they make it if you like?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Just read the Toulouse mob are promoting the test match that's coming up heaps with radio, newspapers, TV, posters and more.

They are using Union and Soccer players as well.

Isn't this fella a French Soccer star?

laurent20battles.jpg

Also from the RL blog.

http://timesonline.typepad.com/rugby_league/2008/06/le-blog-day-7-t.html

The good news is that the match is getting plenty of airplay with a special radio advertisement commissioned by the French federation and, yes, I can confirm that posters are up in the city.

Maybe the French are pushing this test match to see what type of support they think they can get with the SL side if they get it.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Badly translated.

http://www.ffr13.com/1-14317-Detail-d-une-actualite.php?Id=453

From the FFR13 site.

The test international match Gillette Fusion enters France and l' England will be able to profit d' a promotion campaign and of communication of great width. In partnership with the Town of Toulouse, a great operation d' posting indeed will be launched, as of on June 16, 2008, with like doors words all the sportsmen of the Rose City. With the slogan " With Rugby, j' like also the figure 13" , Zacharia Bouchfira (Karate expert), Thomas Iris (pelotari), Malia Mettela (champion d' Europe of Swimming), Jerome Courneil (basketball player with the TIC), Rijà Rafidison (volley-ball player), William Servat (Rugby with XV), Laurent Battles (footballer) and Cedric Berrest (oarsman) thus will support l' event treizist to come. For the president of FR XIII, Nicolas Larrat, " A meeting held on the XIII of France n' d' will certainly ever have profited; such a promotion. L' operation launched in partnership with the Town of Toulouse from which I make a point here of underlining the remarkable support will associate all the sportsmen representative of the Rose City. Always in collaboration with the municipality, of the actions are in the train d' to be carried out near all the sports associations, all confused sports, so d' to invite the young practitioners to come to support the blue ones. Another countryside was in addition launched with l' post meeting and all the radios also will play the game (Southern Radio, RMC, NRJ, RFM, CHérie FM, etc…) while saving places. An agreement with the chain Télé Toulouse will allow the diffusion of more than 200 spots which will announce the meeting. The regional and national written press will also treat l' event. Lastly, on Friday June 27, 2008, the MIDOL will diffuse at the national level an exceptional supplement around the international meeting. The meeting will of course be diffused on line on SPORT + but also on SKY with average techniques worthy of the greatest sporting events. All will have been implemented according to our means to promote the meeting of next June 27 as well as possible. J' hope simply that all the clubs of FR XIII will be able to be mobilized to come to encourage one XIII of France which will face an exceptional d' team; England. The first supporters must be our practitioners and l' equip with France counts on them. And considering the current results of the Catalan Dragons (3rd of Super League N.D.RL) whose majority of the players will evolve/move under the new blue shirt (revealed for l' occasion), the shock will be incontestably with go. "

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
i'd say those wanting this to happen would be in the minority, most would have the insular attitude that RL is unfortuneatly famous for.

I hope they get in.

Lmao, dally, you're getting stalked even more now, I thought it was impossible, but they keep turning up.

Thanks for the link eastsfan, I'll sticky it just for you when they make it if you like?

mate the way they stalk me is funny.

i thought you might enjoy the thread topic in case you missed it on TRL.

i frankly gave them no chance this time round, but if they get in i have no doubt theyll be bigger than les cats/

2 strong clubs in france both from different areas would be a great platform for the game.

id hope one day marseille and lyon, the 2 other big cities in the south can have pro SL teams as well.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I seen it over there.

I didn't think they'd have a chance, but it looks like they are going to give the RFL one hell of a fight.

I seen it over there.

I didn't think they'd have a chance, but it looks like they are going to give the RFL one hell of a fight.

spracklen came out with a really positive article in RLW recently as well (didnt read it).

if they make lots of noise and the test crowd is good they just might get it, though i remain doubtfull.

plus the fact les cats are 3rd and getting capacity crowd on the weekend is all good.

salford, toulose and crusaders in and either cas / wakey out.

though to be fair to cas and wakey they are going fairly well in sl

if they made it 16 teams it would be so much easier

Latest posts