What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toulouse into SL

giboz71

First Grade
What is cash injection for a new SL club when they get promoted? Assume they will get help to recruit more players?

Hopefully the majority of the squad who got them there remain intact. My partner's son has been the FB for Toulouse for 10 years, hopefully he will get the chance to shine in the top tier.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
What is cash injection for a new SL club when they get promoted? Assume they will get help to recruit more players?

Hopefully the majority of the squad who got them there remain intact. My partner's son has been the FB for Toulouse for 10 years, hopefully he will get the chance to shine in the top tier.
Kheirallah? He's done really well over there. Frenchified nicely.

giboz71

First Grade
Yep Mark Kheirallah. He went over there the same time as Jonno Ford.

He's been there for 10 years after getting a single game with the Roosters. Got plenty of offers to go to SL (Castleford chased him hard), but he stayed loyal to Toulouse hoping he could help them get promoted.

Dream come true for him. And I love the city so much, we had a great time over there when his mother and I went over to visit him.

Warriors Fever

Juniors

Wow you should be proud of your sort of step son Mark. Hopefully he still has a crack at 1 for them. I think they’ve probably had a few ready made deals with off contract players if they got promoted so should see some signings especially in the pack.

giboz71

First Grade
Wow you should be proud of your sort of step son Mark. Hopefully he still has a crack at 1 for them. I think they’ve probably had a few ready made deals with off contract players if they got promoted so should see some signings especially in the pack.
Thanks mate. Very proud, as is his mother. Was an early morning for both of us!

He is contracted for next year so hopefully he will be a weekly fixture in the team against the best of SL. We have every confidence he can do the job.

magpie_man

Juniors
Yep Mark Kheirallah. He went over there the same time as Jonno Ford.

He's been there for 10 years after getting a single game with the Roosters. Got plenty of offers to go to SL (Castleford chased him hard), but he stayed loyal to Toulouse hoping he could help them get promoted.

Dream come true for him. And I love the city so much, we had a great time over there when his mother and I went over to visit him.

Far out, good on him 👍🏼
Play rugby league and see the world :)

giboz71

First Grade
Far out, good on him 👍🏼
Play rugby league and see the world :)

Yep cheers mate, Mark was kicking around with the Newtown Jets as part of the wider Roosters squad for a couple of years (he only made 1 appearance for the Roosters in FG).

Left as 21 year old to play footy in a strange country. 10 years later he's finally in Super League. And yes, he has seen the world, probably a wiser move than hanging around here playing lower grades.

We thought this was his career highlight when he represented France in the 2017 World Cup, but hopefully there is more to come:

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Yep cheers mate, Mark was kicking around with the Newtown Jets as part of the wider Roosters squad for a couple of years (he only made 1 appearance for the Roosters in FG).

Left as 21 year old to play footy in a strange country. 10 years later he's finally in Super League. And yes, he has seen the world, probably a wiser move than hanging around here playing lower grades.

We thought this was his career highlight when he represented France in the 2017 World Cup, but hopefully there is more to come:

Great try he scored against the roos

Perth Red

Post Whore
Be interesting to see if they change their open attacking style next year. SL will punish mistakes much harder so they may need to adapt accordingly. They need some good forwards and an experienced half back at top level to survive. Year 1 is extremely difficult for any newly promoted club and cant see that there is an obvious weak club next year out of the existing SL clubs.

Eric F

Juniors
There is one problem that Toulouse Olympique will have to address in the near future. They have at least 14 players on their roster who are over 30. They're going to need some new signings or this team could get old quick.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Progressive Rugby League Podcast is talking with CEO Cedric Garcia after great win over Featherstone. Talks about the journey to SL and future plans.

Last edited:

magpie_man

Juniors
Progressive Rugby League Podcast is talking with CEO Cedric Garcia after great win over Featherstone. Talks about the journey to SL and future plans.

Fantastic podcast that one 👍🏼

Northern

Juniors
I am really hoping to get over there for a game. Not really bothered who they are playing. Sadly won’t be Bradford, but let’s not go there!
As usual, there is a fair bit of carping over here about a second French club and costs involved, but it just has to be great for the game overall, if not for a couple of low supported clubs who get a chunk of their income from visiting fans.
I really hope they are competitive. If they are and WC goes successfully it will add up to a shot in the arm for league that is definitely needed over here.

Latest posts