What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toulouse to play million pound game

Final is played in Toulouse. Same ground as the semi final.

Featherstone weren’t too happy about it when it got announced a few weeks ago.
Featherstone knew the rules at the beginning of the season so can't complain.
I'm hoping for a Toulouse win as they will bring more to the Super League comp with new fans and news sponsors, while Featherstone offer very little.

RedVee

First Grade
I’m a little confused with the packed crowd bit in the article I read. The crowd shows as 9000, but when I looked up the ground it is listed at 19,500 capacity.
Something isn’t quite right.

giboz71

First Grade
I’m a little confused with the packed crowd bit in the article I read. The crowd shows as 9000, but when I looked up the ground it is listed at 19,500 capacity.
Something isn’t quite right.
It looked like the stands behind each goal post was mostly closed off, so perhaps the idea was to pack the stands on each sideline.

Certainly looked that way in the coverage, but definitely not capacity. The Toulouse Union side play on that ground and they fill the stadium up usually.

A crowd of 9,235 at the Stade Ernest Wallon saw centre Mathieu Jussaume score two tries as Toulouse completed a perfect season and finally earned their Super League after some 18 years of trying.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Great crowd, shows the potential that is there. Now for them to build a squad that can survive the difficult year 1!
You make a good point. Not sure what their week to week SL crowds will be but there is potential there to be one of the better averaging teams in SL. Hopefully they stay up