What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trading in the fantasy league and mindreading

Jonotallica

Juniors
When Houston Rockets execs convinced Orlando to trade up TMac, Lue and Howard for Francis and Cato and Mobley, I doubt they were sending emails back and forth endlessly with nothing other then "TMac for Francis" "Trade declined" "TMac and Howard for Francis and Cato" "Trade declined" "TMac and Lue for Francis and Mobley" "Trade declined"... etc etc

No one is going to want trade unless there is something in it for them. And it's hard to know what people want, unless you talk to them about it. Otherwise your just guessing. There could be a million reasons why you don't want to trade for a certain player, maybe you have a grudge against him, maybe you have never heard of him, maybe you don't like his team, maybe you don't like his FG% or TO rate.

So what I'm trying to say is if you propose a trade, try and let the other GM know why you want to do the trade, and what you perceive to be in it for them. And if you decline it, try and let them know why you didn't want to do it, and whether or not you are interested in other players on their roster. Using the little comments box at the bottom of the page, near the 'propose trade' button. Once you know what they want (or don't want), you might be able to give them something more suited to their needs, and still get what you want. None of us have 5 hours a day to spend on negotiating for trades, and it might speed the whole process up a bit. Theres only 5 days left to trade, if you want to trade for a new player and use that player for the first game of the season.

And remember that it's not whether or not you like a player that makes a player valuable, it's the minutes they play, how often they get injured, and the stats they put up when on the court.

pug306

Juniors
Very well said,
even though I'm not looking to trade anyone currently,
feel free to have a look at the Beantown roster.
If anyone in the comp thinks they have a fair deal, I'm all ears :D

Latest posts