What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Train-on squad

poojar

Juniors
Both Hindmarsh and Lyon have made the train-on squad.
What do you think of Hindmarsh's chances to actually tour?

eloquentEEL

First Grade
He deserves to go.
His form is great.
He is not as weary as other players because he missed so much of the season.
And he has shown that he can come back and play well, first game back after a long break, which would kill any argument that he shouldn't be there because of lack of match fitness (due to not playing in the finals).

Unfortunately, Fitzgibbon and Kennedy will probably be in front of him by the end of the finals. Tallis will probably be included even if he doesn't deserve it. That might leave a bench spot for Hindy to contest with Simpson, Mason, Carlaw, Menzies and Fletcher. I think they will need to take him in the squad but due to politics he may not be included in the first string seventeen.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Lets hope he makes the squad as he has been charged with a dangerous throw charge and hopefully he will be able to use this on the tour.

El Diablo

Post Whore
AlexTheEel said:
Lets hope he makes the squad as he has been charged with a dangerous throw charge and hopefully he will be able to use this on the tour.

That's what I'm hoping too.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I don't want to sound biased but?? i think when Hindmarsh is fully fit and in a succesfull side he's better then both Fitzgibbon & Kennedy!!, Tallis has past his useby date and Hindmarsh is now clearly the better player!!

Jamie Lyon will be an automatic selection at centre!!

BlueandGoldDust

Juniors
Big John and Friar will be on the plane for sure, but im pissed off that neither Jimmy or Rufus were put on the train-on squad.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Noone else deserved to be on the train on squad.

I agree with Ron's assessment of the back rowers. Sadly, form or taklent will count for less compared to rep history and finals form. Fitzgibbon or Kennedy will partner Tallis, who, sadly, is assured of a spot as captain. However, as finals and tours progress, injuries occurr.

Just being on the plane is reward enough for him. His time will come.

The Colonel

Immortal
Given Kennedy's vulnerability to injury Hindmarsh could well be a shot - and he would warrant a bench spot given his form and current worries to Ryles, Bailey, Civoniceva and Timmins. The fact that Carlaw and Tallis haven't been in the greatest form either would work in his favour. Thankfully the majority of other second rowers in any good form are Kiwi's - Galuvao, Wiki, Puletua, Kearney.

The problem though without being in the finals its a case of out of sight out of mind. Fringe players like Abrahams, Flannery and Simpson would get a chance to impress if they stay alive in the semis.

The Colonel

Immortal
Its one game which as I believe there are two warm up games before hand he will be able to use that as one of the matches (correct me if I am wrong) as it is a representative match.

Big John won't get suspended - or did he plead guilty? I dunno, lol, I been very hammered.

He will make the plane, as long as they keep him training and in decent shape he will go.

btw, whoever listed Hindy's opponents for that alst spot, scratch Fletcher, he's staying to get married or something.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Hindy pleaed guilty and coped the week. Australia plays NZ, England in a 3 game series, Wales, France and England A. I think they may play one or two club sides as well.

Latest posts