What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Training Update (11/12)

rabbitohs95

Bench
Caught training for a bit on Monday morning. There was a mock game as well as some running drills.

This is what I got from memory but there could be more I remember later on.

Zane, Farah, Crichton, Fuimaono Tom, Sam, and Gagai were absent, although Crichton just didn't take part in the match.

- Jesse Arthars has been killing it at fullback and could jag a first grade debut. The kid has been very impressive in everything he has done, both in the mock games and drills.

- GI is looking happy and doing plenty of work. Didn't partake in the mock game but was putting in plenty and keeping up with everyone else.

- Damien Cook looks to be going up another level. Ditto Cody Walker and AJ who both cut through the defence at times and had plenty of pace.

- Reyno was looking impressive with the ball in hand and on boot.

- Campbell Graham is looking much bigger and was leading in the running much like Connor Tracey.

- Clarky was offloading quite a bit and played in the middle, in fact there was plenty of ad lib play which was nice to see.

- Turner was playing in the middle and getting through plenty of work.

- Dean Britt was on the right edge and did plenty of damage. Could very well take the last spot on our bench. Was impressive.

- George was doing well in the middle and lead from the front. Looking to have a big year ahead.

- Doueihi took charge for the 'reserves' side (although there was some mix between the sides) and found the ground plenty with his huge boot.

- Interesting to see Jennings and Kennar on the right un the 'firsts' team, while Hunt and Graham were on the left. Kennar is a beast and got a few barge over tries and very well could make his way into the NRL side. Burns was playing centre for the 'reserves'.

Overall it was great to see the guys not only laughing and enjoying themselves but also putting in the hard yards.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Thanks a lot R95..........

Yep could very well see Hunt take that left centre spot......

I'm interested as to where Fui plays..... I think it should be second row.....

Keep Sam in the middle and maybe have him run wider at times.....

Turner is better and has to run the ball in the middle whereas on an edge can go missing more....

What about Murray???

rabbitohs95

Bench
Thanks a lot R95..........

Yep could very well see Hunt take that left centre spot......

I'm interested as to where Fui plays..... I think it should be second row.....

Keep Sam in the middle and maybe have him run wider at times.....

Turner is better and has to run the ball in the middle whereas on an edge can go missing more....

What about Murray???
Fui prefers centre but I like him in the backrow. Whatever works I guess.

Good question. Cam played lock and killed it as usual. Sweating buckets which just proved his hard work. Big year for him.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Fui prefers centre but I like him in the backrow. Whatever works I guess.

Good question. Cam played lock and killed it as usual. Sweating buckets which just proved his hard work. Big year for him.
We need to lock him down and if he wants a contract upgrade for 2019 we should give it....

Turner against Penrith last year in like Round 7 golden point win made 10 for 94m and made his tackles too...... we need more of that from him..... if the twins drop the ball we could just start Sam and Turner at prop......

Also Clarky will be playing for a new contract so I expect him to really perform better....

callmack1

Staff member
Thanks so much R95, keep us updated if you attend anymore sessions. It's great to hear that the boys are ripping in but having a lot of fun, from all reports, it's been like that since the start of November.

Awesome to hear about the likes of Arthars, I've had him as a bit of a smokey for a Round 1 spot since the beginning. If not Round 1, I reckon he could come in around Origin time.

I'm really interested to see how the likes of Rodwell and Sam Johnstone are doing too as I honestly think they could be in with a slight chance in the middle of the season too.

Also, I know it's a long way out from the start of the season but what was the style of footy being played like?

rabbitohs95

Bench
Thanks so much R95, keep us updated if you attend anymore sessions. It's great to hear that the boys are ripping in but having a lot of fun, from all reports, it's been like that since the start of November.

Awesome to hear about the likes of Arthars, I've had him as a bit of a smokey for a Round 1 spot since the beginning. If not Round 1, I reckon he could come in around Origin time.

I'm really interested to see how the likes of Rodwell and Sam Johnstone are doing too as I honestly think they could be in with a slight chance in the middle of the season too.

Also, I know it's a long way out from the start of the season but what was the style of footy being played like?
I've got Arthars as a smokey for round 1. Im certain he'll play NRL at some point in the year.

I think Rodwell and Johnstone will be playing reserve grade (despite both being eligible for 20s) but there are quite a few front rowers in front of them. Definitely tipping them for 2019 or 2020.

The style was a lot more free flowing. Few hit ups (plenty of offloads) and then swinging it to the backs but there were a number of instances of broken play too; I'm talking grubber kicks in the midfield, chip and chases and crossfield kicks. The boys are exercising all their skills.

callmack1

Staff member
I've got Arthars as a smokey for round 1. Im certain he'll play NRL at some point in the year.

I think Rodwell and Johnstone will be playing reserve grade (despite both being eligible for 20s) but there are quite a few front rowers in front of them. Definitely tipping them for 2019 or 2020.

The style was a lot more free flowing. Few hit ups (plenty of offloads) and then swinging it to the backs but there were a number of instances of broken play too; I'm talking grubber kicks in the midfield, chip and chases and crossfield kicks. The boys are exercising all their skills.
Thanks man, Rodwell or Johnstone may be a slight chance if injuries hit our props but I agree that 2019 or 2020 is more realistic.

That's so good to hear about our style! It's only early but that's a really, really good sign.

Just another question that you may not be able to answer, what about defence? Do you think that has been addressed?

NaiveNumbskull

Juniors
Caught training for a bit on Monday morning.
Thanks for the training report. Hope to see more.

But did you really think you wouldnt get caught trying to train with the team? You woulda stood out like a roosters fan. Just throwing on a fan jersey isnt going to cut it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Caught training for a bit on Monday morning. There was a mock game as well as some running drills.

This is what I got from memory but there could be more I remember later on.

Zane, Farah, Crichton, Fuimaono Tom, Sam, and Gagai were absent, although Crichton just didn't take part in the match.

- Jesse Arthars has been killing it at fullback and could jag a first grade debut. The kid has been very impressive in everything he has done, both in the mock games and drills.

- GI is looking happy and doing plenty of work. Didn't partake in the mock game but was putting in plenty and keeping up with everyone else.

- Damien Cook looks to be going up another level. Ditto Cody Walker and AJ who both cut through the defence at times and had plenty of pace.

- Reyno was looking impressive with the ball in hand and on boot.

- Campbell Graham is looking much bigger and was leading in the running much like Connor Tracey.

- Clarky was offloading quite a bit and played in the middle, in fact there was plenty of ad lib play which was nice to see.

- Turner was playing in the middle and getting through plenty of work.

- Dean Britt was on the right edge and did plenty of damage. Could very well take the last spot on our bench. Was impressive.

- George was doing well in the middle and lead from the front. Looking to have a big year ahead.

- Doueihi took charge for the 'reserves' side (although there was some mix between the sides) and found the ground plenty with his huge boot.

- Interesting to see Jennings and Kennar on the right un the 'firsts' team, while Hunt and Graham were on the left. Kennar is a beast and got a few barge over tries and very well could make his way into the NRL side. Burns was playing centre for the 'reserves'.

Overall it was great to see the guys not only laughing and enjoying themselves but also putting in the hard yards.
Crichton and Fui are in rehab training as you'd know so that must be why...