What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer Rumour Mill

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
I really don't think Ronaldo would leave Real Madrid when he is at the height of his power PARTICULARLY for f**king PSG.

Leaving arguably the most famous team in the world, in arguably the best league in the world to play for a cashed up team in a second rate league? Just can't see it.

Maybe if he was 3-4 years older but not at this stage.

Mourinho? Maybe if Real win the CL. If not then no.

Big Sam

First Grade
Well he will win the league every year at the Parc des Princes unlike at the Bernabeu and get paid more for it too.

And it's not that bad a league. Will jump ahead of Serie A in the UEFA coefficients very soon especially given the dire form of the Italian clubs in Europe.

Also as I predicted a few months ago, thanks to the Arab and Russian money, PSG and Monaco will feature regularly in the UCL last 8 in the coming years.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I really don't think Ronaldo would leave Real Madrid when he is at the height of his power PARTICULARLY for f**king PSG.

Leaving arguably the most famous team in the world, in arguably the best league in the world to play for a cashed up team in a second rate league? Just can't see it.

Maybe if he was 3-4 years older but not at this stage.

Mourinho? Maybe if Real win the CL. If not then no.

agree, PSG isn't a big enough stage for either of those 2

Big Sam

First Grade
Marco Rojas on the radar of Liverpool and Juve. They will apparently have scouts at the Big Blue on Saturday.

(Why is it that Liverpool and Juve fly out staff members to watch future A-League signings but the Mariners have to send virtually half their squad to Scotland to trial?)

BDR

First Grade
Sky Italia are reporting that Barca and Santos have reached an agreement for Neymar...

92 MILLION EUROS. Unbelievably huge sum if that's true.

BDR

First Grade
Would it be 2nd highest ever? I know Ronaldo from Utd was the highest I struggle to think of anything else that would come close.

BDR

First Grade
Didn't Ronaldo go for about 95M Euros? Maybe you are thinking of Pounds Big Sam.

And no, I don't think he is worth that. Unproven player who hasn't played at La Liga level yet, let alone Champs League. When Ronaldo went for that price he was an established superstar at one of the biggest clubs in Europe, and even then it was considered exorbitant by some.

BDR

First Grade
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...eed-mourinho-falcao-are-chelsea-bound?ICID=HP

After months of negotiations the European champions have reached a breakthrough in their efforts to bring back the Special One and recruit the prolific Atletico Madrid striker

By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Jose Mourinho has agreed a deal to re-join Chelsea as their manager this summer – and is poised to bring €59 million striker Radamel Falcao with him.

Goal.com understands that the Real Madrid boss is expected to be unveiled in the Stamford Bridge hot seat at the end of the season following a breakthrough in negotiations with the club over the last week.

The Chelsea high command, led by Roman Abramovich, have been in talks with Mourinho’s camp for months about a sensational return for the man who led the club to two Premier League titles during his first spell in charge from 2004-2007.

Negotiations have centred on how much control Mourinho will have in recruiting players and staff, as well as his place in a management structure where low-profile technical director Michael Emenalo holds the levers of power.

It is believed that, following a series of twists and turns during discussions, an agreement in principle has been reached for the Portuguese to take over from interim manager Rafael Benitez this summer.

Mourinho is expected to put pen to paper and formalise the deal when he ends his three-year spell in Madrid at the end of next month.

A report in Germany last week claimed that Chelsea were on the brink of landing both Mourinho and Atletico Madrid’s spearhead Falcao.

Goal.com understands that the European champions have since made further progress with both deals and are confident that Mourinho will announce the prolific Colombian, who is also represented by super agent Jorge Mendes, as one of his first signings.

BEN HAYWARD, GOAL.COM INTERNATIONAL
Jose Mourinho has been here before. Just under three years ago, also at the Santiago Bernabeu, the Portuguese lifted his second Champions League trophy, with Inter, and then moved on straight away - just as he had done with Porto six years earlier.

After leading Inter to their first European Cup success since 1965, Mourinho revealed he was moving to Madrid, but was much more coy in the press room moments later. "I haven't decided yet," he told the international media. And in any case it would be hard to leave, because he loved Inter, he explained.

But his mind had been made up and something similar happened on Tuesday night. "Would he be staying at Madrid?" he was asked. "Maybe not - I love to be where people love me to be," was his reply. So anywhere but Spain, then, given all the problems he has had with players, press and just about everybody else.

Chelsea are prepared to allow the Belgian keeper to continue his development by staying in Madrid for another season if it eases Falcao's path to west London.

The Blues have made it clear that they are willing to activate the €59m release clause in the striker’s Atletico contract.

The deal is a complex one because of third-party ownership issues - with Mendes part of a consortium holding an interest in Falcao - but Chelsea have intensified their efforts to land the front man in a bid to ensure the transfer can be completed.

The London club have made Falcao a contract offer and it is believed that personal terms have already been agreed on a deal that is likely to make the striker one of the highest paid players in Premier League history.

Goal.com exclusively revealed in March that the former Porto man is chasing a deal worth around €295,000 per week.

Mourinho and senior Chelsea officials regard the Colombian, who has scored 32 goals in 36 games for Atletico this season, as an upgrade on current front men Fernando Torres and Demba Ba.

Falcao has the pedigree and star quality which Chelsea thought they had acquired with the £50m purchase of Torres in January 2010, but the Spaniard is now likely to be put up for sale to help fund the purchase of the player earmarked to be his replacement.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he hasn't signed yet, what happens if Chel$ki finish 5th and he has no UCL ?

I'd be very surprised if he signed with no UCL