What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer rumour to Inter and Liverpool?

Craig

Juniors
Can anybody confirm the rumour that Rivaldo is interested in joining Liverpool in the Jan 1 transfer window and Walter Besscanio (I think that is his surname) is rumoured to be linked with Inter Milan also in the Jan 1 transfer window.

The latter player isnt cup tied though which is good, as IMO there is no point signing a player in Jan 1 that is cup-tied.

half

Coach
actually, liverpool has already filled their quota of overrated crap

rivaldo should be playing for bolton or wolves, or join the other has-beens in the uae

and craig, are you talking about walter baseggio? i personally know nothing about him and haven't heard any rumours about him either

speculation is mounting vieri could leave for chelsea at the end of this season. i personally hope it does happen - it will be inter's last chance to cash in on him. rumours are floating around he could be replaced by fabio bazzani of sampdoria

Craig

Juniors
I'm actually surprised that havent made a move for Martins and I hope we dont dont let go of Vieri. I mean they have enough Inter old boys there.

Craig

Juniors
half-man said:
and craig, are you talking about walter baseggio? i personally know nothing about him and haven't heard any rumours about him either

I only knew of it as I watched Western Union Football (on during The World Game) yeasterday.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Don't know anything about this Walter Baseggio, but it's looking more and more likely that Rivaldo will join Liverpool in the window. Although he has just come out and said that Owen is vital to the deal, so if Owen hasn't signed a new contract by then he may not come after all.

Craig

Juniors
This would give Liverpool three of the Europe's biggest names wwith Owen, Kewell and Rivaldo (if he goes).

Now they have to get rid of Blunder Duzek and Heskey...

Dog-E

Juniors
Rivaldo would be a SENSATION in English football!!!

Much like Cantona was - he would be a full head above EVERY other player in the Premier League skill-wise!!

I'd LOVE to see him join ANY club in England - he is an absolute JOY to watch, and no mistake!!!

Actually - he can come to West Ham if he wants to play for beer money!! ;)

Lucas

Juniors
Dog-E said:

Much like Cantona was - he would be a full head above EVERY other player in the Premier League skill-wise!!
Don't know how anyone can legitimately compare Rivaldo to Cantona, no comparison there at all. Rivaldo would be a flop in England, especially at Liverpool. But by going to Liverpool he will have other overrated duds around him, so he won't seem too bad afterall.

Craig

Juniors
On the Inter forums there has been talk aout Emerson or rather people wanting Emerson to join Inter.

Also Manchester United are interested in 18yr old Chinese striker Dong Fanzhou who plays for Dalian Shide in China. According to Fergie, Mn U are close to signing him.

half

Coach
Craig said:
On the Inter forums there has been talk aout Emerson or rather people wanting Emerson to join Inter.
they're what i refer to as "dreamers"

Dog-E

Juniors
Lucas said:
Dog-E said:

Don't know how anyone can legitimately compare Rivaldo to Cantona, no comparison there at all. Rivaldo would be a flop in England, especially at Liverpool. But by going to Liverpool he will have other overrated duds around him, so he won't seem too bad afterall.

Cantona was nothing before he came to England.

NOBODY had even heard of him outside of France pretty much until then!!...Almost 10 years later and he retired just about the - if not the (Asmuch as it hurts me to admit this of a Man U player :evil: ) THE best player to play in England since George Best. MOST certainly the best the Premier League competition has ever seen!!

Do u watch Rivaldo?!?...If u did, you would know he has an almost UNMATCHED repetoire of tricks and skills!!...If he can unlock the tighter, fiercer defences of the Primera Liga and Serie A - he would CRAP all over English defences - they would just quite simply NOT know how to handle his flair, and marvellous inventiveness - just like, once again I say - Cantona!!

I would LOVE to see him in England - just love it!! No matter who he pl;ayed for - I would watch and admire - as I did with the 'L'enfant Terrible' Cantona....You just CANNOT help but be impressed - no matter HOW hard you try!! :shock:

Matt23

Staff member
Cantona had charisma...something Rivaldo seems to lack, can see why the scousers would be interested though Baros out for an extended period, and Heskey being being his usual wasteful self.

half

Coach
Dog-E said:
If he can unlock the tighter, fiercer defences of the Primera Liga and Serie A
i don't remember him unlocking any serie a defense hahaha

aqua_duck

Coach
half-man said:
Dog-E said:
If he can unlock the tighter, fiercer defences of the Primera Liga and Serie A
i don't remember him unlocking any serie a defense hahaha
Hahahahaha, did he even face any of the Serie A defences? I think Rivaldo would be a flop mainly because he lacks pace which has brought many European players undone in the Premier League, eg Veron. He's got flair and skills but that sort of game usually doesn't thrive in the fast pace, physical style of the EPL.

Dog-E

Juniors
Veron's a physical pansy...a fancy dan. Rivaldo can hold his own tho...as could Cantona!!

But u don't HAVE to be that way to succedd - if there's abigger nice person when it comes to physical challenges than David Beckham - pleas epoint him out to me, as I'd like to LAUGH at him mercilessly!!! :lol: But look how successful HE was!!! :shock:

And don't blame Rivaldo for Milans woes - blame the coach that never picked him, and put total MELONS in the starting XI ahead of him!!! :evil:

I HOPE he goes to the Premier League - I really do!!...And proves u all dead WRONG!!!! :D

EDIT: OK, I just thought of a MUCH bigger Queen than Beckham - Ladies & gentlemean I put forth for your amusement and RIDICULE - 'Bobby socks' Pires!!!...The reigning English 'Footballer of the Year!!!"

Watch those shiny locks of yours now Bobby boy - Don't sweat TOO much now, or you'll get dandruff ALL OVER that lovely red dress of yours!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Rivaldo is a cheating sook.

He doesnt play at Milan because he doesnt deserve to.

Kaka is performaing brilliantly at the moment, so why should the coach drop him?

Ala Inzaghi and Shevchenko and also Rui Costa when called upon. Im sorry but there is no place for Rivaldo at Milan.

aqua_duck

Coach
Dog-E said:
But u don't HAVE to be that way to succedd - if there's abigger nice person when it comes to physical challenges than David Beckham - pleas epoint him out to me, as I'd like to LAUGH at him mercilessly!!! :lol: But look how successful HE was!!! :shock:

And don't blame Rivaldo for Milans woes - blame the coach that never picked him, and put total MELONS in the starting XI ahead of him!!! :evil:
firstly Beckham succeeded in the EPL because he was a supply line for the strikers, he could cross the ball like no one else, and he was also a tireless worker, and I also believe his image and good looks played a major part in the success as well.

Secondly, the coach that never picked Rivaldo and put total melons in the starting XI, well must be pretty good melons to win the champions league.

Dog-E

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
Rivaldo is a cheating sook.

He doesnt play at Milan because he doesnt deserve to.

Kaka is performaing brilliantly at the moment, so why should the coach drop him?

Ala Inzaghi and Shevchenko and also Rui Costa when called upon. Im sorry but there is no place for Rivaldo at Milan.

Kaka can play as well as he likes....the fact is that for personal reasons - and those ALONE - Rivaldo was never even given an opportunity to play for that spot!

Given a straight up choice between Kaka and Rivaldo - I know which one I'd want in MY side 11 times out of 10!!!...And it's NOT Mr. Poo-poo!!!! :lol: :p

Having said that, yes his actions in the last world cup were DISGRACEFUL, and I can only say I was very surprised to see him act like that!...Now just about every big player theses days, sadly, has a bit of the threatrical about them....it just seems to be the Italian influence infecting the rest of the continent...they saw how successful Italian clubs were thru the early 90's I guess, and figured, well - if u can't beat the diving prima-donnas - may as well JOIN em!! But I really didn't think Riovaldo had THAT kind of poor sportsmanship in him!!!...I was wrong!

Still a bloody FANTASTIC player though!!!

(Theyve ALWAYS been diving Mama's boys! Just try & deny it!! Inzaghi and Totti are little WORMS for it! A TOTAL disgrace, the pair of 'em!!...If any child of mine started mimicking their diving, cheating, sooking antics on the field in their games - I would be ahing a quiet word to them about sportsmanship, and pointing out just how WRONG these types of players are - QUICK smart!! :evil: Same goes for the Prem League footballer of the year mentioned above - Robert Pires is the biggest Princess I've EVER seen on a football pitch! Full stop! Fine player, but I will NEVER like him!)

So don't come the raw prawn with me about the beauty & joys of Italian Theatresports...er....calcio....with me mate!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts