What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Treigh Stewart

possm

Coach
Treigh Stewart, an exciting young fullback, is a player I will be following in season 2022. A very skillful and dynamic fullback, this young junior has been selected in reserve grade at fullback this week.

I caught glimpses of him last season and have since been interested in his development.

This player is one to watch!

For more about Treigh Stewart, including highlight reels, click on the link below.

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade
Well could be a future 6 as he looks a bit slow for fullback. Solid build though. Kept Sloan on the wing in ball final so must have something. Perhaps better that posters that have watched him in the past comment.

He was picked above Sloan in gf and played most of the season at fb but Sloan was picked in fg and Stewart never been consider?
what happened to him?
he looked promising in charity shield one year too

TheRev

First Grade
He was picked above Sloan in gf and played most of the season at fb but Sloan was picked in fg and Stewart never been consider?
what happened to him?
he looked promising in charity shield one year too
Somehow Sloane got the jump on him in 1st grade, not sure if it was via injury or whether they picked the taller guy that they thought might have the best chance of surviving in 1st grade? But I get/got quite frustrated when Sloane gets talked about as the Fullback through the Sulli/Amone days.. when it was Stewart.. Sloane played Wing whenever Stewart was available...Stewart is close to one of the best attacking weapons going around.... maybe comparable to a Ben Barba or some such?

But anyway moving forward, I would be surprised if they retain Stewart whos off contract shortly.. despite his attacking prowess, he sort of panics in defence, and never been wonderful with bombs.. and I feel like we can only carry 1 of Sloane vs Stewart.. and we invested hard in Sloane now... I think for our NSW Cup fullback, we will either sign someone new or promote Rumble early.. we are probably also waiting for that call on Ramsey.. thats our best fullback probably dropping out of our 30.

Somehow Sloane got the jump on him in 1st grade, not sure if it was via injury or whether they picked the taller guy that they thought might have the best chance of surviving in 1st grade? But I get/got quite frustrated when Sloane gets talked about as the Fullback through the Sulli/Amone days.. when it was Stewart.. Sloane played Wing whenever Stewart was available...Stewart is close to one of the best attacking weapons going around.... maybe comparable to a Ben Barba or some such?

But anyway moving forward, I would be surprised if they retain Stewart whos off contract shortly.. despite his attacking prowess, he sort of panics in defence, and never been wonderful with bombs.. and I feel like we can only carry 1 of Sloane vs Stewart.. and we invested hard in Sloane now... I think for our NSW Cup fullback, we will either sign someone new or promote Rumble early.. we are probably also waiting for that call on Ramsey.. thats our best fullback probably dropping out of our 30.
Oh thanks for the update I just remember this kid being an absolute gun then I think for 2 years through covid he didn’t play no lower grade systems then came back and his first game was thrown in as fb against south’s and had what I thought was an amazing attacking performance but lacked ball handling and confidence but since then I just see his name pop up here and there of performances from nsw cup

possm

Coach
Stewart and Sloan have a bright future in the outside backs or even in the halves providing they improve their defensive skills.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Has anyone see Treigh Stewart play?? He looks like Evander Cummins mark II to me.. pretty small
Let’s see how he goes today on the bigger stage

Has anyone see Treigh Stewart play?? He looks like Evander Cummins mark II to me.. pretty small
Let’s see how he goes today on the bigger stage
I saw him play in a KOE Cup game v Wests at Lidcombe Oval a few months back.
We flogged Wests that day, and the only time Stewart was really needed in defence he got absolutely burnt by a West's outside back when he did not read where he needed to be in defence.
Handled the high ball well that day, and is very elusive with the ball in hand.
If he is retained for 2024, think it will be his last chance at the Dragons.
Like so many of our juniors, Treigh's defence is highly suspect, and needs a lot of work if he is any chance to step up a grade.

Latest posts