What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Barrett - Attacking Coach.

Sime_11

Juniors
Without trying to be a downer I wouldn’t look too much into today, the knights gave up, they had they bounce back last week, we looked slick but many top 8 teams would have put 50 on the knights today as well.

Fangs

Coach
So, any chance today was all down to Trent and we can expect to see the team doing that more regularly next year?

Too optimistic?

I was just thinking that a moment ago.

He is no miracle worker but wouldn't be surprised if he was involved. Why wait?

OldPanther

Coach
The last press conference of 2019 from Ivan had a revealing comment: That Nathan is still learning about how to control and get a feel for the game...it still feels fast for him. He then normalised it by stating his age (21)...sounded fair enough to me.

However where does that lead us if that part of his game isn't addressed in 2020? Sounds to me like something you can't fix at training. He needs more game time/experience and potentially more responsibility.

The 2020 captaincy call is going to be huge. The more I think about it the more it looks like it will be Nathan's. Its a firm statement that he is the leader of the team.

Yeah I featured that in my video which is the original comment.

Fangs

Coach
I thought it was important to include since it's such a big part of our success/failure going forward.

I'm sure your videos are fine. And yes he is going to be a huge part of our chances in 2020. Not just as an attacking coach, but as a halves coach. My comments aren't just concerning any doubts about Nathan's ability to act on an overlap, 5th tackle red zone options etc. Game management is a skill that he must start learning.

If you find footage of Nathan kicking a ball into touch please let me know. I can't remember him doing it once this year.

OldPanther

Coach
I'm sure your videos are fine. And yes he is going to be a huge part of our chances in 2020. Not just as an attacking coach, but as a halves coach. My comments aren't just concerning any doubts about Nathan's ability to act on an overlap, 5th tackle red zone options etc. Game management is a skill that he must start learning.

If you find footage of Nathan kicking a ball into touch please let me know. I can't remember him doing it once this year.

I think this is where Barrett will help. Focusing on only the attack he'll be able to develop these things. He was a half after all.

franklin2323

Immortal
Be careful being optimistic around here you might get the blame for the clubs struggles.

Hopefully Trent can get some depth in our backline.

I don't have one of Naden/Crichton in my backline also can't see Whare going so I think it will be ok just need to get stronger starters

franklin2323

Immortal
On our attack it isn't so bad until we hit the 20 or off a set start.

Here is what gets me with it. Only ever is short balls to the backrowers then one out. Yeo and Kikau both take a few defenders so cut them out and go to our unmarked winger. Or play short side a few tweeks is all it needs

franklin2323

Immortal

What he does well is follow gameplans. Just run setplays over and over. He can call them for others to run

murraymob

Coach
Today’s papers have him as front runner for the bulldogs job
There will be some hard decisions to be made at Penrith .Signing theses kids over some of the older guys
James Tamou. Has been offered a 1 year deal he wants 3 years .We have so many young forwards .Give him a time frame to sign the 1 year deal after that with draw it
Josh Mansour not sure what deal he has but allow him to negotiate with other clubs .The dogs will be looking .Use that money on the young backs

Latest posts