What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Barrett

DB

First Grade
Im just wondering what people thought of Trents performance at dummy half on friday nite.

i thought he played well, for a position he is not familiar with

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I thought he did very well.

I didnt think it was a good idea at first but his passing game has always been great and he was able to give great service to Johns in particular. Plus he got very involved in broken play.

Overall, playing dummy half is another string in his bow.

drake

First Grade
I agree Willow, Baz had a great game. He's been playing out of his skin, and will continue to do so, wherever Bennett puts him.

DB

First Grade
do you think he should be given a halfback spot if johns is out for the tour?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
If Johns is out, I think Barrett would be the next choice at half back.

DB

First Grade
yeah there has been speculation that prince will get the nod.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Forgot about Prince. For some reason I didnt think he was on the tour.

If that's the case, Barrett will most likely continued to be used as a utility.

drake

First Grade
I think Barrett has cemented himself a spot, but having said that, I thought Gower had done the same.

Mr Saab

Referee
drake said:
I think Barrett has cemented himself a spot, but having said that, I thought Gower had done the same.

gower never did. Bennett said that all players will play at least 2 games on tour. I dont know why so many people were suprised that he was dropped.
Gower has never been an automatic for australia.
Not like a Buderus, Minichiello, Lockyer, Johns.

I think Barrett should be 5/8. That's what he is in club footy and he was the standout player in that position for the best part of the season. Simple. If that means Bennett has to drop Lockyer then so be it.

Form. Not club loyalties.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Johns out of Tri-Nations
Written by: Roo News
24/10/2005
www.leagueunlimited.com
and
www.tri-nations.com.au

johns_legs_knightsLARGE.jpg

Andrew Johns has succumbed to a knee injury forcing his withdrawal from the Tri-Nations tour of Great Britain, the Australian Rugby League announced late today.

The Newcastle halfback underwent scans on his injured knee today and was expected to consult a surgeon tomorrow before making a final decision. However the results of the scans received late this afternoon were such that doctor’s Neil Halpin and Hugh Hazard agreed that he should not take part in the tour.

The news casts further doubts over the Australian team who have struggled against a committed New Zealand side in both their encounters. Scott Prince, Craig Gower and Trent Barrett now come into calculations to fill the void.

Nugby

Juniors
Please don't kill me but I was at a soccer game with my girlfriend and some mates, getting updates every try. I have no idea how he went bar what the paper said the next day.

Latest posts