What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Merrin and Bevan French will be signed within next 10 days.. see you then to discuss ...

redVinme

Juniors
Unless the club were considering shifting Friz into the middle permanently, I didn't see the benefit of signing Stimson.

With the lack of available players Friz to lock may be a good option. Would prefer Rhys Martin with the troops back

Graham
Mccinnes
Vaughn
Sims
Martin
Friz

K Sims
Lawrie
Timms/kerr
Luch/ utility

possm

Coach
French makes no sense. We need a f**king big winger and strike centre. Field and dufty are like French... but better
Yes and that is why I suggested Roberts and Oates. The problem is, can Millward manage this, it is not as easy as grabbing another clubs unwanted players.

possm

Coach
Trent Merrin IMO is not worth it! Previously dumped by the Dragons, NSW, Panthers & Sally and wanting out of Leeds when things get tough. Not the credentials of a player in demand or at his peak. Sorry but I'd pass on him at this stage when we need someone to lift our team.
In my opinion this is a lost season. So we can bring a forward like Ford through and see how that turns out with 2020 in mind and we can solve a more urgent problem that we have in our backline by signing Roberts nad Oates before June 30 or at least sgn the up now for 2020.

I say give Dufty a few weeks rest and try Lomax at fullback. Rest McInnes and give Robson a go, what do we lose, we are losing games anyway and possibly losing players if they don't get a run.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Trent Merrin IMO is not worth it! Previously dumped by the Dragons, NSW, Panthers & Sally and wanting out of Leeds when things get tough. Not the credentials of a player in demand or at his peak. Sorry but I'd pass on him at this stage when we need someone to lift our team.

If he is not good enough for Sally, he's not good enough for the Dragons!

Lethal25

Juniors
The focus for me isn't on signing fringe first graders, I believe our spine is where the problems lies.

If Widdop plays in the halves we are a totally different football side, Corey Norman does not go anywhere near being a decent replacement for him. In addition we need a fullback who can get our sets off to a better start, continually being pushed back in tackles is killing our sets.

blacksafake

First Grade
French is not really the answer,However when I look at it he's better than the two wingers we currently have & most likely has better footy smarts than Dufty.He's apparently been playing well in the 5/8 position with some eels supporters calling for him to be tried in the top grade.
The thought of signing Fensom makes me reach for the Gastro stop.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Merrin is a must.
Because...
Frizell is beginning to look busted. He is a asset we can't afford to damage any further.
Merrin wants game time?
There's the try line - Head down arse up - That way!

possm

Coach
Why would we want another weedy little wimpy outside back.
It’s a massive NO on French from me.
Oates and Roberts should be our target. With Lomax at fullback, Roberts at 3 and Oates at 5, our outside backs on the right look so much better.Sign both as soon as possible and clean house to make room.

Twenty10

Juniors
Oates and Roberts should be our target. With Lomax at fullback, Roberts at 3 and Oates at 5, our outside backs on the right look so much better.Sign both as soon as possible and clean house to make room.
Agree re: Roberts. Ripe for the picking. Brisbane will pick up some of his tab.

The Damo

Juniors
French would be no help to us. Merrin could work out if he’s willing to take a significant pay cut in a short term deal, give him an incentive to prove his worth.

Latest posts