What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Merrin

drunkidiot

Juniors
Long time Lurker, First time poster.

Just wanted to say that Merrin is looking pretty sharp out there tonight. 24 runs and 170 ARM with 2 offloads and 17 tackles. I think he will be a major player in our team this year. What do you think?

Also Morris and Nightingale, I love you both.

Minh

First Grade
We need Merrin to find his best form again we all know how good he can be.

hardbaby

Coach
Easily the best player on the park. In conditions like that you need your forwards to do their job. Merrin was immense. Surprised Hornby was MOM!!

TheRev

First Grade
Hmm actually I thought he was outshone by the rest of the forward pack tonight, even Debelin, however hes one of those players you want in your side, cause when he really hits his straps, hes gonna go off.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Welcome drunkidiot.

I don't know about the stats but I thought Merrin was the stand out in the forwards.

hardbaby

Coach
Merrin's stats:
Tackles 22, Missed 0
Hit Ups 25
2 offloads
0 mistakes

25 hit ups from the bench.
I think he ran for 170 metres.

When it's as slippery as hell, that's the sort of forward you want.

moik

Bench
Merrin's stats:
Tackles 22, Missed 0
Hit Ups 25
2 offloads
0 mistakes

25 hit ups from the bench.
I think he ran for 170 metres.

When it's as slippery as hell, that's the sort of forward you want.
This is what I love about Merrin.

Pretty much 100% safe all the time.

j0nesy

Bench
Excellent player, I get very nervous though that hes going to get a leg injury from one of those cannon ball tackles one day. He stands in the tackle and fights, refusing to go to ground.

hardbaby

Coach
I think Merrin will end up as one of the best props the Dragons have produced.
And we have a lot of many awesome props at this club.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
I think he will be a major player in our team this year. What do you think?

Most definatly, though his stats indicated that Tinkler destroyed him in the hotdog eating stakes. I guess we can't win in every department when we're playing away.

Big Norm

nontime111

Juniors
Great Post Drunkidiot!
MERRIN FOR PM!!
CON:lol:GRATS DRAGONS!!
Dodged a bullet but thanks to SOWARD, MERRIN, NIGHTS, COOPS, MOZZIE, HORNBY, DEBELIN and the whole damn lot bar Prior (youre gone brother!)
GREAT first round game but am sick of Priors dropped balls every time he takes a knock.... Scott back to the forwards for Prior, give Vidot or Chase a crack at centre way overtime... Love to see Kingy in there too somewhere:crazy:

Gippsy

Bench
It's starting to look like a pretty strong front row rotation isn't it?

Merrin, Weyman, Hunt & Latimore.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
And out back row isn't overly shabby. De Bellin was 'duck to water', Creagh is Creagh, slot in the Scott, Prior is going to have a very good season, but Dean Young looked well off the pace, bar a few good ball carries - he'll sort it out, as long as he steers clear of dummy half work.

Big Norm

Latest posts