What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRIAL :: 23 Feb :: Rabbitohs 44 Sharks 0 @ Gosford, NSW

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2008 NATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE TRIAL MATCH

SATURDAY 23 FEBRUARY
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Bluetongue Central Coast Stadium, Gosford NSW :: 7:30pm kickoff

Tickets: Ticketek

centen-sou.jpg
centen-cro.jpg

Match discussion, teams, result etc, post here.

coolumsharkie

Referee
SHARKS NAME TEAM FOR FIRST TRIAL
19.02.08 13:07 Age: 6 min
Sharks coach Ricky Stuart will hold back some of his stars but has still come up with a strong outfit to take on Souths in the Sharks first trial of 2008 at Gosford on Saturday evening.

<dir>

The Sharks will welcome the return of Brett Kearney at full back after a 2007 season where he played just eight games due to battling quadriceps injuries, while fans will also get their first glimpse of new buys Karl Filiga and Blake Green.

Stuart has chosen Green at five eighth to partner the experienced Brett Kimmorley in what is possibly an indicator as to where he could be leaning in regards to his halves combination for the round one match against Manly just three weeks later.

In addition to Green and Filiga, forwards Adam Peek, Bryan Norrie, Grant Millington and Sam Moa, along with hooker James Storer, will also debut in Sharks colours this weekend against Souths.

The Sharks Toyota Cup NYC squad and the Cronulla Cobras NSW Cup side will also play trials this Saturday.

The NRL clash kicks off at Bluetongue Stadium at 7.30pm, the NYC match begins at 5.30pm, while the NSW Cup match between the Cobras and the North Sydney Bears, gets underway at 4.00pm.

Sharks NRL team to play Souths.

<dir>

1. Brett Kearney
2. Misi Taulapapa
3. David Simmons
4. Karl Filiga
5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Blake Green
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Jacob Selmes
9. Brett Seymour
10. Eddie Su&#8217;a
11. Paul Stephenson
12. Fraser Anderson
13. Grant Millington

14. Mitch Brown
15. Kevin Kingston
16. James Storer
17. Adam Peek
18. Bryan Norrie
19. Sam Moa

Timmah

Staff member
The South Sydney Rabbitohs are pleased to announce their NRL and Toyota Cup sides to take on the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks in their pre-season match this Saturday 23 February at 7:30pm at Bluetongue Stadium.

2008 recruit Craig Wing will make his first appearance in a Rabbitohs jersey since 1999 when he plays from the interchange bench in Saturday night&#8217;s game.

Three grades of Rugby League will be played in Gosford on Saturday, with the NRL fixture scheduled to kick off at 7:30pm. The Toyota Cup trial match between the Rabbitohs and the Sharks will commence at 5:45pm, and the Premier League fixture between the North Sydney Bears and the Cronulla-Sutherland Cobras will begin at 4pm. Gates are scheduled to open at 3:45pm.

Tickets can be purchased online at www.ticketek.com.au, by calling 132 849, or by visiting any Ticketek outlet.

The Rabbitohs NRL side is:

1. Fetuli Talanoa
2. Sam Huihahau
3. Germaine Paulson
4. Yileen Gordon
5. Shannon Hegarty
6. Ben Rogers
7. Jeremy Smith
8. Michael Greenfield
9. Issac Luke
10. Manase Manuokafoa
11. Ben Lowe
12. Luke Stuart (c)
13. John Sutton

Interchange:

14. Craig Wing
15. Eddie Paea
16. Beau Falloon
17. George Ndaira
18. Dean Widders
19. Eddy Pettybourne
20. Jaiman Lowe
21. Scott Geddes
22. Luke Grant
23. Beau Champion
24. Jamie Simpson
25. John Tamanika

Coach &#8211; Jason Taylor

The Toyota Cup side is:

1. BJ Nathan
2. Jamie Ingram
3. Malaki Seumanutafa
4. Brad Takairangi
5. Anga Moli
6. Luke Capewell
7. Chris Sandow
8. John Kaifoto
9. John Joseph
10. Brad Lupi
11. Andrew Smith
12. Joseph Matapuku
13. Aaron Hammett

Interchange:

14. Mitch Williams
15. Robert Talai
16. Jake Leary
17. Chris Farrell
18. John Markham
19. Michael Cummins
20. Caleb Thomson
21. Cameron Pitman

Coach &#8211; Alan Wilson

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/JTs-Line-Up-Gosford-Trial.html

Dave Q

Coach
I disagree, they'll be a fair corwd to see the rabitohs 2008 campaign unofficially commence.

Plenty of good attacking play is on the cards for both squads and most importantly, no injuries.

brooksy19

Bench
I will be in attendance, can't wait for it actually..just a shame ill be missing my tigers run around the same night... but ive got a few souths supporting mates so, id rather make a night of it locally.

Go SOuths in this one.. crowd 10,000

Timmah

Staff member
I think there's too much Mariners hype for anyone to know this is on. About 3 or 4k imo.

yobbo84

First Grade
DeeGan said:
Watch Sandow Souths fans ... he is your future number seven.

In my own biased opinion Sandow and Capewell would have to be just about the best halves pairing in the NYC. Huge wraps on them both.

I'll be there, looking forward to seeing how Sam Huihahau, Eddy Pettybourne and Beau Falloon go.

Dave Q

Coach
yobbo84 said:
In my own biased opinion Sandow and Capewell would have to be just about the best halves pairing in the NYC. Huge wraps on them both.

I'll be there, looking forward to seeing how Sam Huihahau, Eddy Pettybourne and Beau Falloon go.

Ndair and Tamanika.

Midnight Rabbit

Juniors
yobbo84 said:

Apparantly our forwards are below par though i hear which won't help them much, hope the rumours about our pack are wrong in the NYC.

Latest posts