What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial game: Eels v Dragons Thurs 18/2/2021 ->@ 5:30pm<- AEST

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I get that he is 18 and all but you cant pick a 18 year in first grade who goes on to play terrible and then say "well he is 18". It was first grade. It was a trial so who cares. But I already predict him as a Paul Kent type career.
You absolute juice boy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I get that he is 18 and all but you cant pick a 18 year in first grade who goes on to play terrible and then say "well he is 18". It was first grade. It was a trial so who cares. But I already predict him as a Paul Kent type career.
"Terrible"? I thought he showed he is a natural playmaker, like a young Thurston only taller and without the speed. When he fills out he could be a genuine first grader.

Bandwagon

Staff member
"Terrible"? I thought he showed he is a natural playmaker, like a young Thurston only taller and without the speed. When he fills out he could be a genuine first grader.

He showed a turn of speed when he ran down the break on the left there, just looked a little slow off the mark.

His defence work was pretty good too, didn't shirk the work when he was dragged into second marker a few times near the middle, and generally had decent first up contact. That's a solid foundation to have at 18.

hindy111

Post Whore
Put a line through him.
You need quick halves imo who can bust the line.

Who are the guys not far off first grade

hindy111

Post Whore
Sounds like we will have a stronger 17 then last year but a few Injuries and our depth won't be as good?

hindy111

Post Whore
Slowest halfback since Sterlo, who was prolly our slowest eva and he was really shit

Sandow had tons of speed and he was just one of the greatest

So yeh, speed is everything

In the 80s.... 5MTR rule.
All the good halves now are f ast and can break the line.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
In the 80s.... 5MTR rule.
All the good halves now are fast and can break the line.

bullshit

we dont even know if he is slow, you are comparing an 18 yo to mature aged players in the Drags squad

he scored a long range try in the schoolboys final last year, so he seemed to have enough speed when comparing him to his peers

but carry on

strider

Post Whore
I suspect with jakes heigjt, when he fills out he will be a sizable lad .... Might not be a half forever. You dont see alot of big halves. Matto was a half in his juniors.

Cloeel

Juniors
I thought Jake Arthur was great.

Did not over play his hand, did not shy away from the tough stuff & showed a lot potential in terms of his decision making and passing game.

JA is still a fair way from being a regular first grader but there is definitely a lot to like about the young fella.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Is Rankin the forgotten player for the bench utility spot (with Smith, Stone, Lussick and Roaches), if BA goes down that path?

Could Rankin fill in at hooker? Plus provides cover for the backs.

Didn’t get the opportunity to push his case last year.

Good to have competition for the spot.

Gronk

Staff member
I thought Jake Arthur was great.

Did not over play his hand, did not shy away from the tough stuff & showed a lot potential in terms of his decision making and passing game.

JA is still a fair way from being a regular first grader but there is definitely a lot to like about the young fella.
He is a bit away from FG and like most kids will probably get a few biff n bash injuries along the way.

Moses is off contract for 2022 already and has a player option for 2022. My guess is that we'd want Moses to hang around for a while yet, but we' not want to give him the 4 year extension that he'd be after.

There's a few big decisions for the recruitment team to make shortly.

Latest posts