What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial game: Sat 27 Feb | Eels v Panthers: 7.30pm (AEDT) at Panthers Stadium

hindy111

Post Whore
Last season we played 11 games that where flip of coins. Games won by less then a try. Not comfortable or dominant wins. We won 8 of those. It is a very high amount.
We won 6 games in a comfortable way.

Titans, Broncs x 2,cowboys,Tigers and Storm (With 8 players out)

Our games against STORM & SOUTHS in finals we lost by double digits.
Panthers pummelled us 20-2 at the business end. Souths hammered them 38-0 and Rooster best us 24-10.

Our best win was against Panthers early on before they got going imo.

Sides like the dogs who we beat twice in strong arm wrestles have improved. Tigers who pushed us have also. And the Titans will also be a force.
I'm surprised nobody has picked up on this. 2020 was sugar coated . We never beat anyone good.. And I think there could be signs for a disaster season.
Our saving grace however is - FERGO,BLAKE,SIVO,BROWN,MOSES where far below what capable of. I can't see any of them playing as poorly again. So if we where able to manage close wins with some great talented players going like busted then there is hope. We where clunky all season.

Glenneel

Bench
People have flipped on this quicker than Avenger on an Eels first gamer (Avenger once thought Paul Kent would be better than Sterlo). Last year “we blew our load too soon and limped into finals”. This year “we need a strong start/we need to win X games in our first half dozen/we didn’t unleash our special moves in a trial game so we won’t win a game”.
We have special moves???

84 Baby

Referee
Last season we played 11 games that where flip of coins. Games won by less then a try. Not comfortable or dominant wins. We won 8 of those. It is a very high amount.
We won 6 games in a comfortable way.

Titans, Broncs x 2,cowboys,Tigers and Storm (With 8 players out)

Our games against STORM & SOUTHS in finals we lost by double digits.
Panthers pummelled us 20-2 at the business end. Souths hammered them 38-0 and Rooster best us 24-10.

Sides like the dogs who we beat twice in strong arm wrestles have improved. Tigers who pushed us have also. And the Titans will also be a force.
I'm surprised nobody has picked up on this. 2020 was sugar coated . We never beat anyone good.. And I think there could be signs for a disaster season.
Our saving grace however is - FERGO,BLAKE,SIVO,BROWN,MOSES where far below what capable of. I can't see any of them playing as poorly again. So if we where able to manage close wins with some great talented players going like busted then there is hope. We where clunky all season.
This isn’t some new genius brainwave. Everyone is aware of it. The disagreements come down to whether those players can be and will be better. And there’s certain people who don’t even think players can improve/worsen year to year, let alone over the course of a season, or a week, or even within a game. They’ll remember Bill Smith kicking out on the full vs Drags but can’t recall his match winning try vs Tigers

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
7-12th.... I don't think there is a lot between most sides who finish there. None are a premiership chance and they generally just bow out first week.
I think the issue comes in 2023 when RCG and Blake's contract are ours 100% for 2 x seasons. 23 & 24 may not be pretty.
It's two players out of thirty. It won't matter if they're on overs.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Thought our best win was v Raiders. Would have been a convincing win too if we didnt let them score two late tries. but we got them in golden point anyway. Thought the Newcastle win in Newcastle was better as well

The game v Penrith it was only 5 min of Waqa brilliance that set up two tries that got us home. Penrith were in control for most of the match

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Thought our best win was v Raiders. Would have been a convincing win too if we didnt let them score two late tries. but we got them in golden point anyway. Thought the Newcastle win in Newcastle was better as well

The game v Penrith it was only 5 min of Waqa brilliance that set up two tries that got us home. Penrith were in control for most of the match

Nathan Brown going full terminator was more important in that win imo

eels_fan

First Grade
Tigers
Dragons
Cowboys
Broncos
Manly
Storm
Panthers

All go into this season with weaker squads than they had in 2020 IMO.

Titans are the standout improvers squad wise

I think us, souths, warriors, dogs also have improved squads on last season.

raiders, roosters, Newcastle, sharks have probably stayed consistent in their squad level