What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial Game Sea Eagles Vs Dragons at 4 Pines Park Brookvale This Saturday 28-1-2023

WoyD4LWoy

Juniors
Griffin watched the Dragons lock horns with Manly on a blistering hot Saturday, with Tyrell Sloan looking sharp at fullback. Sloan is in the box seat for the fullback role after Cody Ramsey was ruled out for the year with ulcerative colitis. Treigh Stewart also spent plenty of time at fullback and had some nice touches at 4 Pines Park.

“Both players are attacking it and eager to learn.” Griffin said. “Treigh has been in the system, he was in the under-19s with ‘Sloaney’ and Junior [Amone].

“But Sloaney is obviously the guy we’re working on the hardest there [for fullback].”

Jayden Sullivan remains on track for a return in the Charity Shield, while Jaydn Su’A was a late scratching from the Sea Eagles trial because of a hamstring strain.

Dragon David

First Grade
Griffin watched the Dragons lock horns with Manly on a blistering hot Saturday, with Tyrell Sloan looking sharp at fullback. Sloan is in the box seat for the fullback role after Cody Ramsey was ruled out for the year with ulcerative colitis. Treigh Stewart also spent plenty of time at fullback and had some nice touches at 4 Pines Park.

“Both players are attacking it and eager to learn.” Griffin said. “Treigh has been in the system, he was in the under-19s with ‘Sloaney’ and Junior [Amone].

“But Sloaney is obviously the guy we’re working on the hardest there [for fullback].”

Jayden Sullivan remains on track for a return in the Charity Shield, while Jaydn Su’A was a late scratching from the Sea Eagles trial because of a hamstring strain.

Thanks for your post WoyD4LWoy. I didn't know that Griffin's dad had passed away. Deepest sympathies and condolences to Griffin and his family for his loss.

Griffin is right that, on reflection, there are more things to life than sport and you have got to put all things in the right perspective. He will focus on our team fully and balance everything else in life with his coaching the team to be better.

I'm glad he thinks that all looks good for this year and that they are working on Sloan the hardest to get him right for the fullback spot.

It was good of Flanagan to arrange this opposed session between the Dragons and Sea Eagles and also good that there were no injuries.

I really hope that our players shine in the trials and of course the competition proper in 2023.

justadragon

Bench
yeah happy for this trial and all that, good there were no injuries and yes condolences to Griffin, I cant help but think maybe Flanno had other ideas, maybe a quick perusal of our juniors as possible poaching candidates. Yes I'm very cynical but what did Flanno really do for our club in all the roles he had, this does nothing for raising my stakes in the liking department for Flanno

SGMax

Juniors
Wonder if the Dragons could get this game and especially the St Helens game included in Molo's suspension??
I'm sure Souffs, Easts, Penrith would have.
While we are at it, chuck in the bye, maybe we could bargain for one out of three.

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I thought trials were counted towards players suspensions. Did this change?

I am really looking forward to how the juniors go this season. If they all go as good as we think they should it will definitely justify the offseason of no real big signings. If they go well they will be upgraded and I would rather that than have them play a great season then get poached by the Dogs or other teams. It really is up to them to show what they have now. Hook has no game plans so they can really just play their own game and show what arsenal they have. The new coaches should make a difference. They are also looking to make a name for themselves.

Dragon David

First Grade

I am really looking forward to how the juniors go this season. If they all go as good as we think they should it will definitely justify the offseason of no real big signings. If they go well they will be upgraded and I would rather that than have them play a great season then get poached by the Dogs or other teams. It really is up to them to show what they have now. Hook has no game plans so they can really just play their own game and show what arsenal they have. The new coaches should make a difference. They are also looking to make a name for themselves.

Can players serving a suspension play in NRL trials?​

Players who are serving a suspension in round one of the NRL Telstra Premiership can be named and play for their clubs in pre-season trials pending their charge was either a grade one or two incident.

The trial match will not count towards their suspension.

justadragon

Bench

Totally agree with you Slippery, the only thing that worries me you see most juniors come in at the better clubs, roosters storm etc, under no pressure. With ours they are expected to perform straight away in a struggling team, ala Sloan last year and we all saw what happened then. I'm worried for Sullivan and what the expectations of him are. Anyway lets hope these kids can handle it and do a great job.