What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial versus Storm

From that trial and last season, our strongest 17:

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Starford To'a
3. Dom Young
4. Bradman Best
5. Hymel Hunt
6. Phoenix Crossland
7. Blake Green
8. Daniel Saifiti
9. Jayden Brailey
10. David Klemmer
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Mitch Barnett
13. Connor Watson

14. Kurt Mann
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Sauaso Sue
17. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
It's amazing how much better that looks without you know who...

Knight76

Juniors
Indeed, never thought much of Voldermort playing halfback.

Indeed, I'm stupefied by some of the shit I see us do in games.

I get this is only a trial and fair enough. But Melbourne didn't come out and play like it was a game that didn't matter. They came out and put on a decent performance.

We looked like we selected some blokes from the crowd and gave them a run to see if they could cut it.

Knights fans before the game, geez will be great to get to see the younger players making their claim for a spot on the NRL side, after the game, it's only a trial.

Why can't we seem to approach every game, like it actually means something!

Indeed, I'm stupefied by some of the shit I see us do in games.

I get this is only a trial and fair enough. But Melbourne didn't come out and play like it was a game that didn't matter. They came out and put on a decent performance.

We looked like we selected some blokes from the crowd and gave them a run to see if they could cut it.

Knights fans before the game, geez will be great to get to see the younger players making their claim for a spot on the NRL side, after the game, it's only a trial.

Why can't we seem to approach every game, like it actually means something!
It's almost like clubs don't give a toss about the score in a trial and are more interested in bedding in combinations and giving untested players a run

Funny that

Spot On

Coach
It's almost like clubs don't give a toss about the score in a trial and are more interested in bedding in combinations and giving untested players a run

Funny that

He didn't make comment on the score line, rather that combinations don't look like they've been 'bedded in' during the preseason and that most of the untested players look as though our depth will be less than capable when called upon.

I mean it was only a trial and the opposition weren't too fussed in their performance after all. Wait till the season proper starts and our opposition actually have a dig!!!

Lucky we only play the lowly Bulldogs in R1 hey!

Yosh

Coach
He didn't make comment on the score line, rather that combinations don't look like they've been 'bedded in' during the preseason and that most of the untested players look as though our depth will be less than capable when called upon.

I mean it was only a trial and the opposition weren't too fussed in their performance after all. Wait till the season proper starts and our opposition actually have a dig!!!

They seemed much improved in their trial. I hope we turn up or we gonna start the season getting dumped on.

Spot On

Coach
They seemed much improved in their trial. I hope we turn up or we gonna start the season getting dumped on.

Yep.

No excuses either - home game to start the year, another Origin forward in Frizell on board and a million dollar half! Brailey back and a viable 6 in Crossland who can kick and pass.

Knight76

Juniors

Funny that

Oh I know, we got those combinations bedded in real solid, pass the ball wide then drop it.

Notice how Melbourne didn't play like the playbook was in braille? Or that they greased their hands with Vaso every time the trainer ran out?

Is a trial not to put things in place you have trained all pre-season and get some combinations going?

Whats that saying, practice how you mean to proceed or something?

And before the "it was our lower grade team vs Melbourne NRL squad", sure, I concede we were understrength. I don't give a toss about the score, but holding the ball is a fundamental footy skill. Managing to get through a set of 6 is fairly important also.

Anyway, another uncompetitive trial out of the way. Hopefully the team that runs out March 12 is switched on and ready to rock.

Rodney Rude

Juniors

I think they would be feeling extremely confident of knocking us off. They have owned us for years losing to us only once since 2014 and that was magic round in 2019.

As lowly as the Bulldogs have been in recent years, they have still managed to beat us each year...

Yosh

Coach
The Storm are reigning premiers and have been the top side for the past decade and a half. They take the trials seriously, they take every tackle and pass seriously, they take every inch seriously. We turn up and play like Muppets and it's supposed to be okay? Why aren't we emulating the Storm process and mindset?

The club has been hiding behind excuses for years now. I thought that would change once we brought in O'Brian and I think it will but it seems to be taking some time.

Trial or not, there is no excuse for not giving 100%. How can you go half assed in a trial and expect to be ready and give 100% in 13 days time?

If there was one positive from the trial it was when Pearce went off. We looked much more fluid and unburdened. It seems like whatever problems Pearce is carrying into the pitch is affecting the whole team. Perhaps we can rotate Pearce with the 14 and try what works for us during games?

Frederick

Staff member
We’re turning into St George fans.
MLNYSje.gif

The Storm are reigning premiers and have been the top side for the past decade and a half. They take the trials seriously, they take every tackle and pass seriously, they take every inch seriously. We turn up and play like Muppets and it's supposed to be okay? Why aren't we emulating the Storm process and mindset?

The club has been hiding behind excuses for years now. I thought that would change once we brought in O'Brian and I think it will but it seems to be taking some time.

Trial or not, there is no excuse for not giving 100%. How can you go half assed in a trial and expect to be ready and give 100% in 13 days time?

If there was one positive from the trial it was when Pearce went off. We looked much more fluid and unburdened. It seems like whatever problems Pearce is carrying into the pitch is affecting the whole team. Perhaps we can rotate Pearce with the 14 and try what works for us during games?
I honestly don't even know where to start with this

Talk about making mountains out of mole hills. Utter madness