What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial vs Panthers - 27 February, 2021 discussion thread

Gronk

Staff member
If that’s our bench we won’t be near the top 8...

I also hope we have a better option than Opacic as a full time first grade centre...

I reckon Opacic is a stop gap signing whilst Will (Viliame) Penisini is groomed for the role.

Penisini comes with a solid pedigree having already played Eels Jnr Reps, NSW Origin 16s +18s, Captain Kings School XV, NSW Schoolboys Rugby, captain GSP 2020 Merit Squad.

penisiniv-180505-gp-01-.jpg

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

I also hope we have a better option than Opacic as a full time first grade centre...

Why not? They'll be playing incredibly low minutes given our starters can churn out quite a few. It also (probably) won't be our starting bench come round 1 and definitely won't be come round 2.

Need to pump the brakes on the hot takes, this team was selected by Jamie Soward, not Brad Arthur

84 Baby

Referee

We finished 3rd this year with basically Niukore and the occasional moment of Kevans inspiration on the bench. Given this is just the paper team game, do you think the new guys are worse than Kevans plus 2 other blokes from last year, or that other teams have improved their rosters to supplant us?
I agree with you on centre but that’s the shit hand we’ve been dealt. Can’t replace Jenko until he’s been done for.