What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Triple M

sandshark

Bench
Wrote this in the Chad Hooked thread. I think Moylan needs to be given another crack at five eight with either Johnson or Townsend at half.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yep l could be wrong

Thursday morning in storm headquarters as bellyache runs thru the game plan..

CB: "I cant stress enough put pressure on townsends kicking game. He will find the ground at every opportunity and make us work it out from our own line. Wingers..watch his spiral kicks - nobody in the comp can catch them. Pappy..his last tackle options are wreaking havoc so watch his in-goal grubbers. He is lethal and he is consistent.
We need to shut his running game down. He is quick, elusive and will run at the line all day probing."

Yeah, something like that.
LOL LOL

WOW! You get around. Even to Storm HQ!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

snout

First Grade
WOW! You get around. Even to Storm HQ!! HAHAHAHAHAHA
Im gonna break youre heart here - but that scenario was totally a figment.
I know it reads true - but the fact jack is dat old mate CT never ever ever actually gets a mention in another teams tip sheet.

Chimp

Juniors
Do you rate Jake Trbojevic?

Just interested
Yes, he’s a cracking footballer, but again, is useless as the pack leader/main meter maker - he needs to be surrounded by some higher impact, faster, more agile forwards - or his brother.

snout

First Grade
Wade was far superior than jake but never got the media the rep honours or media raps jake did.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Yes, he’s a cracking footballer, but again, is useless as the pack leader/main meter maker - he needs to be surrounded by some higher impact, faster, more agile forwards - or his brother.

Yet Tolman matches or exceeds him in nearly all facets of the game with less minutes played.

Jake does have better ball skillls but they seem to have disappeared in recent times.

Not having a go at ya Chimp. I just find perceptions about players interesting

E0b5CMqVUAEpxrs.png

The thing I liked about Moylan on Friday night was that he was the only player of ours I saw that tried to hurt them.

They bashed us up pure and simple

Chimp

Juniors
Yet Tolman matches or exceeds him in nearly all facets of the game with less minutes played.

Jake does have better ball skillls but they seem to have disappeared in recent times.

View attachment 48301
That’s what I’m saying in other threads - Tolman isn’t our issue, he does what Tolman does. We’re getting exactly what we should expect from him, and at great value - the issue is with what surrounds him in the pack. As for Jake T, you’d have him over Tolman every time as he has that creativity, but the new format of the game has done Jake no favours, and has drastically reduced his value IMO.

As for Chad, like I say, he is the Tolman of halves - does a job when surrounded by better players who are difference makers, but you’re in big trouble if he’s your main playmaker, or if you’re paying him a decent wedge.

View attachment 48301

After carefully studying that Graph , I perceive that Jake looks like a pick axe , whereas Tolman looks like a big mallet. Just my perception I guess .