What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Triple Ms Top 1000

L

legend

Guys, at work we are trying to guess the remaining 20 songs in the countdown. If you go through this link http://www.mrock.com.au/promo/top1000.htmlyou'll be able to see what songs are already there up to # 21. I'll have a crack at a couple but I need help with the rest and we'll see how close we get once the countdown is over

Hotel California - The Eagles
It's my life - Bon Jovi
Voodoo Child - Jimmy Hendrix
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
Rock and Roll all nite - KISS
Alive - Pearl Jam
Hot Summer Night - Meat Loaf
You shook me all night long AC/DC

That's about all I can come up with.

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Metallica - Unforgiven 1
Silverchair- Israelis Son
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge
Offspring - Self-Esteem
No Doubt - Don't Speak
Greenday - When I Come Around
Midnight Oil - Power and the Passion
Pearl Jam - Black
One - U2

Spewing @ Enter Sandman being number 21. What a joke! All the Small Things at number 23?? Yeh, right-o.

Cheers,
Moffo

El Duque

Bench
After reading the shit on that list I wouldn't be surprised if The Wiggles get #1 with Dorothy The Dinosaur.

Enter Sandman is one of the crappiest Metallica songs from one of their crappiest albums and it's at #21???

TheSaint

Juniors
Well my 3 favourite bands (Oasis, The Clash, The Verve) only recieved 10 mentions between them. That's pretty piss poor for a band like Oasis who were the band of the Mid Nineties, The Verve being a class act and The Clash being the greatest punk band ever. Surely London Calling by the Clash would have to make a top 1000 countdown. What do you expect from Triple M listners anyway?

L

legend

Moffo, Israels Son was outside the top 20. The others sound fairly accurate but there will be a couple of songs that nobody will get. Guaranteed

1.Voodoo Child - Jimmy Hendrix
2.Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
3.Rock and Roll all nite - KISS
4.Alive - Pearl Jam
5.You shook me all night long AC/DC
6.Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 - Pink Floyd
7.Smoke On The Water - Deep Purple
8.Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit 9.Metallica - Unforgiven 1
10.Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Under The Bridge
11.Offspring - Self-Esteem
12.No Doubt - Don't Speak
13.Greenday - When I Come Around
14.Midnight Oil - Power and the Passion
15.Pearl Jam - Black
16.One - U2
17.Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
18.Nirvana - Lithium
19.Bob Dyan - Hurricane
20.Light my Fire - Doors

That would be my 20 (not it that order though)

Wonderwall at 127 is pathetic as well, should be much higher

Cheers,
Moffo

O

ozbash

bohemian rhapsody-queen, was recently voted by the muso,s,total sales etc etc as the greatest hit of all time. this happened only last month so i,m not sure where mmm get their facts from.

pink floyd/meatloaf/john lennon to fill the top 20.with boy georgeand the petshop boys coming in behind.

imported_bronco

Juniors
How can I resist a music thread.

This whole list is a joke. For starters How could Blink 182 make the top 1000 let alone number 23? Then theres Incubus, 3 Doors Down, Everclear, The Cranberries, Zed etc, the list is a shocker.

You just need to look at Nirvana with lithium at 124 and All Apologies and About a girl are ahead of it. Its safe to say that Smells like teen spirit will be in the top 10 at least but Lithium definetly should be there with it. I also don't know how you know your right scraped in at about 950.

Silverchair? They feature heavily but I don't like how the songs have been ranked. I'd definetly have anas song right up there, definetly ahead of bloody Anthem for 2001.

Creed arms wide open? Please turn it up. I could pick this list apart for years.

Now I know I'll get shouted down for this but Tool deserve one feature even if it rounds out at 1000. Sober would be my pick as it made the top 100 songs for 1993 and I'd like that there instead of bloody schism that these idiots at MMM would no doubt pick.

Also only one Rage against the machine song? Also Jeremy the top ranked Pearl Jam song, not in my opinion. Also for the top 20 I'd expect Led Zeppelin in there with Stairway to heaven and personally I'd like to see No Quarter in there as well, it won't be and its disgraceful its not on the list full stop.

Get a new day job Tripple M because music obviously isn't your thing.