What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trivia quiz

LeagueNut

First Grade
Something to kick your brain into gear over the holidays. Feel free to message your answers to me if you like. Don't put any hints in here! I'll post the answers in a few days.

1) Three players jointly hold the Warriors record for most points scored in a single match. Who is the odd one out?
a) Ivan Cleary
b) Shaun Johnson
c) James Maloney
d) Gene Ngamu

2) Apart from Mt Smart Stadium, which is the only other venue where the Warriors have recorded more than 10 wins?
a) Allianz Stadium
b) ANZ Stadium
c) Cbus Super Stadium
d) Parramatta Stadium

3) Which of these names is spelled incorrectly?
a) Sebastine Ikahihifo
b) Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
c) Iafeta Paleaaesina
d) Omar Slaimankel

4) Who holds the record for most points scored in a single match against the Warriors?
a) Todd Carney
b) Andrew Johns
c) Jason Taylor
d) Michael Witt

5) Apart from Shaun Johnson, who is the only other player to have kicked a field goal for the Warriors in the last four seasons?
a) Sam Lisone
b) Issac Luke
c) Sam Tomkins
d) Chad Townsend

6) We've all heard about our shitty record in our first game of each season (30% win rate), but what's our record in our last game of each season?
a) 17%
b) 23%
c) 33%
d) 37%

7) Two players jointly hold the record for most tries scored against the Warriors with 15. Jarrod Croker is one - who is the other?
a) Nathan Blacklock
b) Hazem El Masri
c) Billy Slater
d) Brett Stewart

8) Which one of these teams have the Warriors not played in a Golden Point draw?
a) Canberra Raiders
b) Melbourne Storm
c) Penrith Panthers
d) Sydney Roosters

9) Which player has made the most Finals appearances for the Warriors?
a) Lance Hohaia
b) Wairangi Koopu
c) Micheal Luck
d) Logan Swann

10) The Warriors have won their last three matches against which of these teams?
a) Brisbane Broncos
b) Canterbury Bulldogs
c) Parramatta Eels
d) Sydney Roosters

Bonus question:
Who are the only two players to have played more than 10 matches against the Warriors without ever losing?
Hint - they both share the same first name!

ozbash

Referee
I'm sure a good prize is on offer here...

1 D
2 C
3 A
4 C
5 B
6 B
7 C
8 A
9 C
10 C

STEWART + KIMMORLEY

Ease peasy :stuck_out_tongue:

AliN

Live Update Team
1 C
2 C
3 A
4 A
5 A
6 C
7 C
8 C
9 A
10 B

I might actually agree with Tony in the bonus question. Sad to say it makes sense.
Hopefully I've beat him. No Google was used for any answers :thinking:

LeagueNut

First Grade
Answers are highlighted below...

1)
Three players jointly hold the Warriors record for most points scored in a single match. Who is the odd one out?
a) Ivan Cleary
b) Shaun Johnson - the others have all scored 28 points in a match, Shaun's highest so far is 26.
c) James Maloney
d) Gene Ngamu

2) Apart from Mt Smart Stadium, which is the only other venue where the Warriors have recorded more than 10 wins?
a) Allianz Stadium - 14 wins in total
b) ANZ Stadium
c) Cbus Super Stadium
d) Parramatta Stadium

3) Which of these names is spelled incorrectly?
a) Sebastine Ikahihifo
b) Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
c) Iafeta Paleaaesina
d) Omar Slaimankel - should be Slaimankhel

4) Who holds the record for most points scored in a single match against the Warriors?
a) Todd Carney
b) Andrew Johns - 29 points (3T, 8G, 1FG) in 2001
c) Jason Taylor
d) Michael Witt

5) Apart from Shaun Johnson, who is the only other player to have kicked a field goal for the Warriors in the last four seasons?
a) Sam Lisone
b) Issac Luke
c) Sam Tomkins
d) Chad Townsend - Rd 10 2015 vs Parramatta in Sydney

6) We've all heard about our shitty record in our first game of each season (30% win rate), but what's our record in our last game of each season?
a) 17% - we've only won our last game 4 times in 23 seasons (1997, 1999, 2000, 2005)
b) 23%
c) 33%
d) 37%

7) Two players jointly hold the record for most tries scored against the Warriors with 15. Jarrod Croker is one - who is the other?
a) Nathan Blacklock
b) Hazem El Masri
c) Billy Slater - although his strike rate against us (15 tries in 22 games) isn't as good as Croker (15 tries in 15 games)
d) Brett Stewart

8) Which one of these teams have the Warriors not played in a Golden Point draw?
a) Canberra Raiders - we've had two GP games against them and the bastards have beaten us both times
b) Melbourne Storm
c) Penrith Panthers
d) Sydney Roosters

9) Which player has made the most Finals appearances for the Warriors?
a) Lance Hohaia
b) Wairangi Koopu
c) Micheal Luck
d) Logan Swann - his 12 finals games beats Hohaia (11), Luck (10) and Koopu (9)

10) The Warriors have won their last three matches against which of these teams?
a) Brisbane Broncos
b) Canterbury Bulldogs
c) Parramatta Eels
d) Sydney Roosters - seems strange but it's true!

Bonus question:
Who are the only two players to have played more than 10 matches against the Warriors without ever losing?
Brett Stewart: 13 wins in 13 matches for Manly 2004 - 2016
Brett Morris: 11 wins in 11 matches, Dragons 2006 - 2014, Bulldogs 2017
(FYI Brett Kimmorley won only 8 of his 21 matches against us)

Sorry Ali, Ozbash beat you by one. And I'll try to make the next quiz a bit easier!!

Rich102

Staff member
Good quiz Mr Nut.
I didn't get too many right but I learned a bit.
Most finals appearances? Gee, that's going back a bit.

Congrats Oz.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Missed out on this, but to be fair, I don't think I would have done very well.

Great quiz though :) hope to see more

Blair

Coach
Until another champion trivia quiz from Nut...

Which Aussie PM was presented with a Warriors jersey, with his or her name on the back, during an official visit to NZ?

Blair

Coach
Paul Keating?

Yes. Trip to NZ in 1993.

I think Mr Bolger, or one of his top rank ministers, presented it to him at a photo op. Mr Keating was no sports fan, so I wonder what happened to it? I might write to him and see if I get a response. He might dig it out and give it to me! If so, I would give it to the club, it should be hanging with all the other stuff at Mt Smart.

My colleague was a Canterbury fan and shouted out to him, 'how about those Bulldogs?' Keating just replied, 'no worries'. Keating was from Bankstown.

Latest posts