What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble at Tigertown

soc123_au

Staff member
Agreed. If I were him I'd avoid Wests and stay with Rith. A new coach is NOT what we need. Cannot blame Ivan at all, this is all Madge and the Pascoe fiasco
I don't know what you need. I agree that a new coach, especially rookie coach is certainly not it. The Tigertown doco didn't do Madge any favours I reckon. Or Pascoe for that matter.

I think they probably need to back Madge and see how things go with Sheens on board to help. It cant be any worse than it is now. Paying out another coach without securing either Robbo, Bellamy or Skeletor as things stand right now would be another disaster.

mozza91

Coach
Looking at the crystal ball to the year 2041 and the Tigers have once again finished 9th. Justin Pascoe is still CEO, Luke Brooks the halfback and Ronny Palmer the trainer. They’ve just signed James Roberts troubled son and BJ Leilua’s fat son on 800k a year deals. All is well.

Diesel

Coach
I don't know what you need. I agree that a new coach, especially rookie coach is certainly not it. The Tigertown doco didn't do Madge any favours I reckon. Or Pascoe for that matter.

I think they probably need to back Madge and see how things go with Sheens on board to help. It cant be any worse than it is now. Paying out another coach without securing either Robbo, Bellamy or Skeletor as things stand right now would be another disaster.
Go Skeletor!!!!

Diesel

Coach
This reminds me of the Warriors before they got their off-field shit in order. What a ballsup

Last Week

Bench
What a mess. What do they expect Ciraldo or Flanagan to be able to do that Madge couldn't?

It's not the coaches fault that management are a bunch of tight arses and won't invest where it's needed.

Honestly, they're hoping Sheenius can have Des or Gus like effect. Hopeless.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
God this is getting embarrassing for the Tigers now. If I were Madge I would be getting ahead of the idiots and resigning tomorrow morning. What the f**k needs to be further discussed? He's clearly a cooked goose in their eyes.

Personally I think it's just another case of an inept and disinterested organization of faceless hacks doing their best to paper over some pretty huge cracks.

JB04

Juniors

I'm not entirely sure. I understand that Madge probably isn't well suited for the Tigers. Three years of perpetual regression suggests this (9th, 11th and 13th). And we've actually looked shocking in both attack and defence. If Madge is to go, a fair few people need to go along with him, Pascoe, and a few players to start with.

If anybody has the time there is a fantastic podcast in which a business man, Adrian Tripodina sheds light into how player negotiations take place, dealings with Pascoe and the tigers board from the Big 4, Jason Taylor days right up to Cleary & Penrith drama. It is a fantastic insight and shows just how incompetent our front office are. It's an hour and a half, but a very interesting listen, if you have time to kill and want to feel superior to somebody!

soc123_au

Staff member
Looking at the crystal ball to the year 2041 and the Tigers have once again finished 9th. Justin Pascoe is still CEO, Luke Brooks the halfback and Ronny Palmer the trainer. They’ve just signed James Roberts troubled son and BJ Leilua’s fat son on 800k a year deals. All is well.
They just sacked coach Dugan 3 weeks into his 5 year deal and are in talks with Todd Carney to take the reigns once he finishes his latest stint in rehab.

Harry after years of bailouts has to sell his jacket collection to pay the rent for his bedsit in Minto.

Billythekid

First Grade
How many coaches can they go through before they start looking at the real issues? The club is managed like absolute shit and just keeps firing coaches as a scapegoat. How the f**k is any coach supposed to fix any of the messes they’re left with when coming to the club within a year or 2 before being sacked?

big hit!

Bench
Is Madge the problem, or is the problem the folks deciding his and the club's future?

The review is being done by the CEO and Football Manager? I'm sure there's not much reviewing being done on themselves. It's token, and we know what the outcome will be. Madge shown the door, being paid out the two remaining years of his contract, but the CEO and Football Manager and the Chairman keeping their empire intact.

If I were a Tigers supporter, I'd be livid and demanding an independent review of the entire operation from someone not even involved in the game. Of course, the potential for elephants in the room to be exposed is too great, so yet another new coach it will be.

big hit!

Bench
They should make Campbelltown their headquarters and forget Concord…

Yeah, that's difficult now considering they've just spent the last season in demountables building their high performance centre there.

But I agree with the overall sentiment that their base should be in the south-western sydney

Bazal

Post Whore
How many coaches can they go through before they start looking at the real issues? The club is managed like absolute shit and just keeps firing coaches as a scapegoat.
How many did Parramatta go through? 5?

Approximately that many, apparently

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Shit, I'll swap Nathan Brown for Madge tomorrow.
How many coaches can they go through before they start looking at the real issues? The club is managed like absolute shit and just keeps firing coaches as a scapegoat. How the f**k is any coach supposed to fix any of the messes they’re left with when coming to the club within a year or 2 before being sacked?
In my experience as a Warriors fan, they can probably go through a few more. And then keep trying

Latest posts