What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble at Tigertown

GongPanther

Referee
The WT management couldn't get through last night without coming to a solution to a uncomplicated problem. There in a nutshell is the problem, and not Madge.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I'm not sure Madge is the right choice as coach but I'm confident he's not the problem or the only problem.

If they got a new CEO and Football manager that's where they'd be seeing some changes.

Some of the recruitment decisions has been terrible, so who ever has had a hand in that needs a paddlin

roofromoz

First Grade
Yeah, that's difficult now considering they've just spent the last season in demountables building their high performance centre there.

But I agree with the overall sentiment that their base should be in the south-western sydney

I know there's more to it in the background with the JV and it's structure with funding, etc. than just say 'relocate fully to Campbelltown', but the people of Campbelltown and surrounding areas have been dudded. They get 4 or so matches a year, generally out of Sydney teams. I live 'next door' in Camden, and the perception here, at least with the schools, is that Souths do more than the Tigers. But if they have more of a prescence in Campbelltown, like base themselves in that area but still have a few matches a year at Leichhardt, it may be a good start.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

Wests Tigers confirm retention of Michael Maguire​

Wests Tigers | September 21 2021 2:18PM

Following the thorough annual review of club's football operations, Wests Tigers have confirmed that Michael Maguire will remain in his position as Head Coach.

In addition, the club has also confirmed several structural and procedural changes will take effect within the football department. These changes have the sole aim of ensuring the club continues to challenge itself in the way it operates in order to become a better performing organisation.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe said: "While we always understood this review and process would take time, it was the responsibility of the football committee to ensure all information was considered to make the right decisions for the club moving forward.

"Michael has been with the club over arguably its most challenging time with the COVID-19 pandemic, has overseen significant change both on and off the field throughout his tenure and, on behalf of all at Wests Tigers, I'd like to thank him for his effort so far.

"We are firmly committed to building a high performing club. With our strong financial position, increased investment and recent success of our pathways teams, the new Centre of Excellence and continued work on a South West academy, the arrival of Tim Sheens and his experience in NRL systems, this club is posed to reap the rewards of several years of hard work.

"We believe that through Michael's vast experience and by continuing to challenge the way we operate, we will continue drive the high standards and behaviours needed to ensure we achieve our goals as a club."

Wests Tigers players and coaching staff will return for pre-season training in November.

Wests Tigers confirm retention of Michael Maguire » League Unlimited

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dodged the bulllet, glad he is a good coach and if the rest of the club can get its sht together they’ll go well. Along with warriors and bullldogs the tigers are one of the nrls sleeping giants in terms of supporter base.

I’m not to fussed what happens to Madge, but if he were shown the exit there are several others at the club who should be going with him, starting with Pascoe.

chunk

Juniors
Are you telling me that Hooper and co got it wrong?

Unsmeggingbelievable.

I know, Chammas, Hooper and Rothfield all wrong. I wonder if they care that they got it wrong or did they make stuff up on purpose.

Smetimes you have to wonder about these guys and if they have any integrity.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I know, Chammas, Hooper and Rothfield all wrong. I wonder if they care that they got it wrong or did they make stuff up on purpose.

Smetimes you have to wonder about these guys and if they have any integrity.
They will no doubt say they were right but that the Tigers board dont know what they are doing and backflipped!

The Rosco

Bench
Looks like its D-day for Madge. The latest scape goat for a club that cant seem to get its sht together. Feel a bit sorry for him given he's still trying to work with the mess left him by the previous incumbent and the CEO didn't come across as the greatest asset in the doco series.

Wests Tigers are poised to sack coach Michael Maguire as early as this evening.
Sydney Morning Herald journalist Michael Chammas broke the news on Nine's 4pm news bulletin.
"It looks like Michael Maguire's time at the Wests Tigers is coming to an end," Chammas said.
"We can reveal the board has called a meeting this afternoon, they are meeting right now to determine whether Maguire will remain as coach. It looks as though his time at the club is up barring a last-minute change of heart.
"The Tigers are looking to pay $750,000 as payout to part ways with Maguire later today."
Chammas added that Panthers assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo would replace Maguire if he wants the job.

. . . Looks like you have no fxxken idea

This Year?

Immortal
Sold! Imagine having a halves pairing of Brooks and Mbye 😂😭😭😩
that-is-messed-up-thats-messed-up.gif

Tiger5150

Bench
So how many ex coaches would that make it now still on their payroll?

Its been 4.5 years since we sacked a coach. How long since Penrith Sacked a coach?

Tigers have only sacked 2 coaches in 18 years. How many have Penrith Sacked in that time?

Tiger5150

Bench
How many coaches can they go through before they start looking at the real issues? The club is managed like absolute shit and just keeps firing coaches as a scapegoat. How the f**k is any coach supposed to fix any of the messes they’re left with when coming to the club within a year or 2 before being sacked?
How many coaches have the Tigers sacked in 18 years?

juro

Bench
I know there's more to it in the background with the JV and it's structure with funding, etc. than just say 'relocate fully to Campbelltown', but the people of Campbelltown and surrounding areas have been dudded. They get 4 or so matches a year, generally out of Sydney teams. I live 'next door' in Camden, and the perception here, at least with the schools, is that Souths do more than the Tigers. But if they have more of a prescence in Campbelltown, like base themselves in that area but still have a few matches a year at Leichhardt, it may be a good start.
I really don't understand that logic at all. How many games has Souths taken to Campbelltown?

And Leichhardt only gets a handful of games a year, just as many as Campbelltown.

And because of their stadium agreement, BankWest (or Stadium Australia before that) always chooses the largest drawing games. Both suburban grounds pick up the scraps.

Latest posts