What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUAMAN

O

ozbash

<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=156 align=left bgcolor=#ffffff border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td>
0,1011,623652,00.jpg
</td></tr> <tr> <td></td></tr></tbody></table>Tua Well Prepared For Showdown

David Tua's trainer is confident they have a firm grip on his weight for next weekend's heavyweight fight against Chris Byrd.
Critics have constantly called for Tua's weight to come down.
New trainer Joe Goosen says he has worked hard, eaten correctly and has lost the weight he needed to.
Goosen says Tua is responding well to some of his new training techniques and the advice given to him from his new conditioning trainer and nutritionist.
At a special weigh in yesterday David Tua tipped the scales at around 106 kilograms, over four-and-a-half kilograms lighter than last November against Lennox Lewis.

El Duque

Bench
From what I understand Fatboy has been taking some kinda weird cold baths to lose weight.This may sound good but it doesn't necessarily get rid of the lard he carries around on him as it can take away muscle,and amuscle weighs more than fat.
Tua has a punchers chance against the quicker Byrd.Tua always gets his ass whooped but gets lucky against guys ike Rahman(who Tua had to hit after the bell then the Ref stopped the fight when he was missing Rahman)Maskaev and Wooden gave him trouble.
Tua is a bum.

O

ozbash

el dougle. stop kidding yourself and show some respect for our next world champ.when he wins he will probably tour aussie just to show you non believers his belt.
i dont know what you have been drinking but your cold bath story is a beaut.
hot baths do dissolve fat.
byrdy is a pussy who is about to get sat on his fat arse by a contender-not a pretender.........

T

Tanae &quot;The Warrior&quot;

Ozbash I think El Duqueis is refering to a type of treatment where one sits in a bath covered in ice. The principle used here is that when the body gets cold the body burns up fat to stay warm.

El Duque

Bench
OK sceptic this is from his site http://www.davidtua.net/ David is into the sixth week of a fight build-up that started before he knew who his opponent would be and when they would meet.
He has been working on building his right side to complement his wicked left hook. David is currently weighing in the low 240lbs and will aim for 235lb by fight-day.
Among the methods David has been using to strip fat are twice-weekly ice baths. Manager Kevin Barry has been doing it also for support. Two hours before use a bath is filled with slabs of ice and a little water, then 20 minutes before bags of party ice are thrown in. They then get in up to neck level for as long as they can stand it.
The ice causes shivering, which increases the burning of body fat by making the body convert fat to heat to protect itself. The routine is supervised by David's strength and conditioning coach Tom Wilson. I still say Byrd by UD BTW how many Chris Byrd fights have you seen?

El Duque

Bench
"i dont know what you have been drinking but your cold bath story is a beaut."

Yeah,it's so damn beaut it's true!

O

ozbash

el drongo, you are obviously a short person.
tua will sit byrd on his arse by rd 5. it will be all over.
he is the deserved world champion,he has earned his title of #1 contender, unlike byrd it was not given to him. heres a bit from www.secondsout.com who hold a bit more credibility than some tua fanzine.
"No.1 David Tua and No.2 Chris Byrd face each other in Las Vegas on August 18 to determine who will be the next mandatory defence for champion Hasim Rahman due in April 2002."
and as far as this ice cold fat burning,,,you ever seen a skinny eskimo ?

O

ozbash

el executive. drip???what are you on about? cant you have a discussion without reverting to personal abuse?
if you believe the hype about the ice baths,well bully for you.you ever seen a thin seal, or penguin?...i dont believe it,tua is a samoan,he wouldnt know ice if it fell on him !

the quote from seconds out is perfectly straight forward. what part of "tua is #1" dont you understand?

god probly does have a few clues as to why the terminator is # 1 contender in the world.i just hope he is watching out for byrdy next weekend,he,s gunna need it.

nope ,never seen the pretender fight but i have seen every one of dave tua,s pro fights.

anyway,i,m not a vindictive person. i wont say "i told you so" after tua destroys byrd..

wheres el dropkick anyway ?
below, cast your eyes on the next champion of the world.

tua_1.jpg

O

ozbash

when you get on 2nds out h/p look for "rankings" . i know its a big word but just take it slowly and you will get there.

where did i start any insults? .i believe you are victim of a very fertile imagination.

getting back to boxing,,, your mate dick byrd is only 8th.....easy meat

O

ozbash

"nope ,never seen the pretender fight but i have seen every one of dave tua,s pro fights."
if you had opened your bleary eyes you would,ve seen the answer to your question.

you are worse than short,(if thats at all possible),you are a short australian.....

O

ozbash

i read his record...ho hum, big deal
i dont watch mugs. i will watch next weekend just to see tua do the deed on him
tito and joppy lololol you watch a fair amount of crap fights. what channel is that on,,cartoon network?????

O

ozbash

just had a look at this guy and you reckon tua is fat ??this guy byrd is the lard arse. he uses a lot of "ifs" and "buts", dont sound too confident to me. he reckons he can return tua's punches,,,from where, the casualty ward !!!
<span>Chris Byrd ready to outbox Tua</span>
<span></span>
Byrd170401.jpg
August 10, 2001 – By Paul Upham: IBF No.2 Chris Byrd (left) is expecting a tough battle when he faces IBF No.1 David Tua over 12 rounds at the Thomas &amp; Mack Centre in Las Vegas on August 18. The card will be televised on Showtime in the US and will determine the IBF’s mandatory contender for heavyweight champion Hasim Rahman. “I do consider this to be one of my toughest challenges. Tua is the No. 1 contender. He has fought a lot of the top heavyweights,” said Byrd, 33-2 (19). “I do not think Tua will be easy to box. I think he will be more determined. I am training for a guy that will come forward and try to knock me out.” Byrd earned his No.2 ranking with a unanimous points decision win over Maurice Harris in April on the Trinidad-Joppy undercard in New York. “I was sort of happy with my performance against Harris. Certain things happened during the fight that weakened me, but I have to be happy with the win,” continued Byrd. The former WBO heavyweight champion lost his title to Wladimir Klitschko last October and has tried to strengthen himself physically whilst maintaining his slick defensive boxing style. Byrd’s only other loss was to the now imprisoned undefeated heavyweight Ike Ibeabuchi in March 1999. “For the Tua fight, I am concerned with being in great shape, confident and focused on what I have to do. The Ike Ibeabuchi fight was even. It was not like he was just wearing me out,” said Byrd, who turns 31 next Wednesday. “I just got caught. They said throw and just hit anything. Wherever it lands, it lands. The big punch landed. I just have to be more cautious about what I am doing and stick to the game plan. I am not worried about the pressing style. Everyone presses me because I am a small guy. I am more than ready for the challenge.” “The heavyweight division is changing. When I first moved up in weight, I was considered just a normal size heavyweight. Now, I am basically a cruiserweight fighting against these big guys. I am very competitive and more than willing to take on any challenge.” Despite being out-weighed by in some cases 20 and 30 lbs., Byrd seems himself as a genuine world title contender. “Right now, I am about 217lbs. By the fight, I probably will be 212lbs. I have a little man mentality. You rarely see little guys quit in the boxing ring. You see a lot of big guys quit. We have to get in there and fight these big guys and show them we have got heart too,” said Byrd. “I am a pure boxer and I like to use my boxing skills to my advantage. You have to come forward against these big guys that outweigh you and have the reach and height advantage. It throws your game off a little. However, you cannot quit. You have to stay in there and attempt to win the fight. “I am just more determined. I am just going to stick to what I do best in the ring. Iknow Tua is a very strong, determined guy, but I am equally strong and determined. You can hit me with three punches. I am going to come back at you with three or four. My thing is to fight.” “Chris is the most feared voluntary challenge out there for any heavyweight. My brother (Joe Goossen) always says that he is just like a big Michael Nunn, which is a tough guy to fight and a tough guy to beat,” said Tua’s promoter Dan Goossen, who is very happy with the response to this important clash title ‘Mandatory War’. “Tickets are going very, very well. We have got over half the arena sold. For anyone that doesn’t know anything about the Cox Pavilion, it’s a sister arena to the Thomas and Mack Centre and is attached to the Thomas and Mack Centre. It’s about 3,100 seats and when people see this in person or on TV they are going to love it,” said Goossen. The next mandatory defence of the IBF title held by Rahman is due in April 2002. With a Rahman-Lewis re-match appeared to be scheduled for November 10 with the winner scheduled to defend the WBC title against Mike Tyson next, the winner of Byrd-Tua will be waiting a little while to find out who their world title shot will be against. “If I beat David Tua, I want to fight Mike Tyson. By then, I know I will have the style to beat him,” said Byrd, who realises a loss will seriously derail his plans for another heavyweight title. “If I lose convincingly, a trip to cruiserweight could be in my future. I look at that and I know I could clean up in the cruiserweight division. If Tua beats me, there may become a point where I may have to move down in weight,” said Byrd. In what is a classic boxer versus puncher match-up, both fighters enter the ring knowing that victory will guarantee them a shot at the world title and a bigger pay day, but Byrd is only focused on beating Tua, 38-2 (33). “I am going to have to take Tua’s punch if he connects. We are going to find out. I am a very determined guy. I can take a pretty good punch. They are going to have to take me out on the stretcher because I am the type of guy that will not quit. Tua can take everyone else’s punches. I have never seen him go down when guys hit him. I am very fast and I am at the top of my game, so he better be very prepared,” said Byrd “I am going to have to get Tua off of me. I am not going to have him walk straight in and bully me around. I am going to use whatever it takes to use the things I do best in the ring. A lot of people think he is going to just rush in and blow me out. That is crazy.” David Tua will be looking for the knockout through the fight, but if it does go the distance, Byrd is very confident of victory. “If we go 12 rounds, he is not going to beat me. He better knock me out clean. I am in great shape and I am looking to win rounds and move on. Even though he puts out pressure, I do the same thing.”

El Duque

Bench
Care to tell me how a guy who is 6' 2'' and weighs 217lbs is a lard ass compared to a guy who is 5' 10'' and weighs 240lbs?

Latest posts