What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tupac vs biggie

^^ heh, all two? lol. Nah shot man, they are both great albums.

Meltiger, man, it had nothing to do with gangs. Think about it, the police could have solved it, they found Sadam Hussein in f**ken Iraq, in a hole, surely they could have found who shot Pac. It had everything to do with Suge Knight's curruption and greed. Period.

And gangsta rap is any form of hip hop where they talk about popping gats, rollin n*ggaz etc lol. I love many forms of hip hop, from the gangstas like Kool G Rap and Ice T, to the lyricists like Canibus to KRS, and the awesome production of GangStar's DJ premier to BDP's Scotler Rock and Eric B of Eric B & Rakim. I am far from a wigger aswell, I hang out with guys that are into rock and metal, lol, I dress 'normal' and although I live in a pretty ghetto part of Auckland, I am far from a gangster lol. I just love the music. Theres a rapper at my school, an underground guy Pakkzwun, who is pretty well known on the Transtasman Underground scene, and he couldnt believe I was into hip hop when we started freestyling and stuff at school lol. Hip hop is far from race, it is a culture on its own. Rap is something you do, anyone can, but hip hop is a way of life, white black or asian. It isnt just rap, its grafitti, breakdance, turntableism and beat box. The whole lot.

haha yeah man, as i said, all his albums...

i love that runnin song with tupac and biggie and i think the outlawz or some shit. some of tupacs stuff is pretty tight but not as good as big poppa

DIEHARD

----
meltiger said:
Sun_Down said:
Neither, both are dickheads and 'Gangsta Rap' has no cultural right to be in Australia. I pray that none of you boys are white...

Just out of interest... What IS Gangsta Rap?

A fictional term invented by the media to denigrate Hip Hop...

I am white, I listen to Hip Hop.

However, I also talk like an Australian, I dress in my own wierd bogan style which is well wierd, I am friends with white people mostly, you could hardly call me a Wigger

I listen to people like Tupac because I admire them for standing up for what they beleived in and fighting to better the lives of their people.

IGNORANT DOGS like yourself, should keep your trap shut and not pass opinion on all those who listen to Rap.

:thumnn

Top post meltiger.

Sun_Down

Juniors
meltiger said:
Sun_Down said:
Neither, both are dickheads and 'Gangsta Rap' has no cultural right to be in Australia. I pray that none of you boys are white...

Just out of interest... What IS Gangsta Rap?

A fictional term invented by the media to denigrate Hip Hop...

I am white, I listen to Hip Hop.

However, I also talk like an Australian, I dress in my own wierd bogan style which is well wierd, I am friends with white people mostly, you could hardly call me a Wigger

I listen to people like Tupac because I admire them for standing up for what they beleived in and fighting to better the lives of their people.

IGNORANT DOGS like yourself, should keep your trap shut and not pass opinion on all those who listen to Rap.

Standing up for what he beleives in? FIGHTING to BETTER the lives of their people? Through violence and drugs? Is that appropriate?

Its scum like Biggie and Tupac who corrupt youth, Ive seen it happen, and research has proven how much this angry music can influence youth.

Granted, my last post was a tad too far, its not my place to say whether it has a place in society, nor to judge who listens to it, be white or black, I just hate those uneducated white punks running around in Snoop Dogg clothes who are centrally responsible for much of the problems in my my city

But, I still say both are scum, and In MY view and the view of alot of others, their music is very distrupting and 'rap' as such created by Tupac and Biggie have been the root of these youth problems.

My views may be clouded by just the negative images I have. But it is a shame to see youth with potential who just end up dropping out of school, doing graffiti and drugs, largley inspired by Rap.

So sorry for being to conclusive before, I just saw the thread and jumped on it, posting a silly short response.

Nah mate, either it has been seen through stuff on tv, either music videos or movies, or it has been going on in neighbourhoods/families for years, and the parents havent done any thing about it. For people in my area it is pretty much the latter. Gans such as Mongral Mob and Black Power, 61s etc have been going on for ages, and I know heaps of people involved in that sort of sh*t.

Now you must mean the white people who live in mansions, but swear their in the ghetto? Yeah I hate them too, and that is a product of movies and music videos. Me, I take hip hop for it is. Graffitti, its only graffitti when it exceeds that 1d crap you see scribbled on the walls. Im talking coloural, original pieces of art eg. Askew, Juce1. Rap, I love all types of emcees, but hate the fake ones who make money of saying shit that either doesnt make sense, or is so dumb that people who are dumb take it for sense eg. Chingy, 50 Cent, etc.

Rap is not responsible for the problems, u think if rap werent around everything would be happy-go-larry? No. Kids always find some other shit to get into, it just so happens gangsterism is the fuel nowadays. In my opinion, blame the corporate executives who continue to sell this shit, blame the parents for not teaching their kids whats right and whats wrong, and blame the kids themselves for listening to that trash.

GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF THE COMMERCIAL SCENE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres plenty of decent hip hop around. Ill Bill, Apathy, Eyedea, Celph Titled, Sage Francis, Jedi Mind Tricks, Crooked I, Rass Kass, Canibus, Immortal Technique, Kool G Rap.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
This whole Tupac vs Big thing has been done to death, I really can't place one above the other cause I like both of their them so much but if I had to choose one to listen to for the rest of my life I would choose Pac simply because their is such a vast and range of different material of his to listen to.

bayon

Juniors
Lyrically, Pac had it all over Biggie. Biggie rhymes with a unique and addictive flow. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, but overall very talented. Thats why you have imitators, such as Tha Realest and Guerilla Black.

Sun_Down, before Pac joined tha Row, his music was inspirational, drawing upon his influences in Black activism, and the struggle of his people. The violence and drugs that you speak of, appeared in his music after he signed a deal with the devil. :evil:

BY the way Marlin, Canibus' own albums and solo tracks are sh*te! He only goes off when he appears in other people's tracks such as the Lost Boyz 'Music Makes Me High Remix', and 'Fantastic Four' off Clue's album, The Professional. Also, i've never forgiven Canibus for joining the U.S. army to fight against Iraq, the same U.S army that even until this day, continues to brutalise coloured servicemen. If he should 'liberate' anyone, it should be either his fellow Cubans back in Havana or the African-American population in the U.S. But thats another issue altogether. ;-)

I didn't know Kool G Rap and Ras Kass were still making music.

I agree Bis has released a few wack albums, but how can you say Rip The Jacker was sh*t? It was hot to death, and the concepts were probably the best Ive ever seen on one album. About him joining the Army, yeah I wasnt a fan of that decision either, but hey I like his emceeing skills not what he does in his private life, so really i couldnt give a f**k, I just thought it was funny how he signed to the same label as Immortal Technique lol, the total opposite of Bis!

Biggie, lyrically was above Pac. But Pac had the ability to story tell, which is definitely a plus in my books. I enjoy Biggie more, but I appreciate Pac for what he did. i think it sucks how they keep exploiting his work with these "new" released albums with producers/artists he never actually worked with.

Yeah Kool G and Kass are still in the game. Dudes are legends nonetheless, and even if they werent...neither is Pac...lol...

Latest posts